Back to the begining again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the begining again

Hi all,well my bladder installations haven't helped at all and infact ive have had constant pain for nearly 2 weeks , oh joy. Im going to shortly be starting a new tablet to join the drugs im already taking for this condition, im trying so hard to live a normal life but this illness makes it very hard to do as you all know. Im 25 years old and in a rather large way i feel a large part of my life is on hold possibley over and i know i sound dramatic but its how i feel. i work 40 hours a week and 3 nights sleep overs at my job and i know im over doing it especially when im in pain and yet i have to keep pushing my body to in a way beat the pain, but as my pain has been very present lately im wondering if i should give it up and if i do how am i going to be able to aford anything?
    Has anyone else dealt with this and succeeded?

Love and respect to all

With IC it seems we all have our ups and downs...I was felling good for a while and thought about going back to work, the BAM it hit me again, only this time with more pain..

But I have seen where so many on the board do get the right meds and can have a semi normal life and work and hold a job, so dont give up hope you could be just going through a down time and hopefully it will get better soon
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

It sucks so bad to have this so young (I'm 26) and have to try to deal with it when all your friends are out there having no problems at all! I know what you mean sometimes about giving up. There were a lot of times I just wanted to quit everything and just spend my days curled up on the couch and never leave the house again. But that's no fun and it just makes you feel worse after a while. Last year I started Elmiron and then in Sept. I added Elavil to it. Within weeks I felt better. I stuck to the diet really good for 4mos and fell into remission (there are some days I have no symptoms at all) I was able to do so much again. I came down w/ an infection last week and I was cheating on the diet and I began to feel it again, but I'm not letting it get me down so much anymore b/c I know I can feel good again. Never lose hope.

Comment

It's hard not to loose hope. I feel for you. I'm young also(26 too!) and have had this since I was 16! I was doing GREAT almost full remission for almost 2 years then bam a HUGE flare that just won't stop! It's hard to keep on going but just think about those good days. There has GOT to be a way to get back to them. I think about that and keep trying to adjust things to get there again. This may sound horrible but I have been telling myslef that this condition will not kill me like so many others can. Those poor people really have it bad, I may be in pain and uncomfortable but I can go on.
        Mom to:
        Ella~born 10/14/03
        Travis~born 5/8/06

Meds:
        Elmiron~2pills 2X a day
        Elavil~50mg at bedtime
        Had great results with this for almost 2 years. Currently in a flare since 1/9/07 Trying Urised, lidocane cream, Cystoproteck and now Benadryl at night to try and stop it.

Comment

Working...
        X