Another question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question...

I notice several of you have HPV. I've had HPV since about 1991(thanks my ex for that) I had lazer surgery which, well I can't describe what a horror that was. My questions is does HPV have anything to do with IC? Does it make you more apt to get IC? I haven't had an outbreak since I had my son but that does not mean it's gone, I realize that.

And I want to explain, I did a little in my first post, but I never had a problem with this part of my anatomy until I was prescribed my anti seizure medication that I was taking for Bi Polar. The particular med you MUST increase over a period of about 5 or 6 weeks and I was given an extremely high does right off the bat. I actually called the drug company and cystitis is one of the side effects you can get if you over dose on the meds. 36 hours into taking it I was struck with all these symptoms. Just FYI

**Normal is just a cycle on the washing machine**

Wife and Sweetheart to Brent, Mom to Emily 30, and Destiny 29, and MOMMY to Jackson age 10. Granny to baby Cate, age 2 and the Queen to 3 dogs and 4 cats. Daughter to the King of Kings.
    Graphic Designer.

Babyz Breath

Instills- Once a week, Elmiron, Kenalog, Lidocaine, Sodium Bicarb.
    Daily Meds:

Trileptal 600 mg for Bi Polar
    Lexapro
    Respiradal Mood stabalizer
    Baclofen
    Vicoden, 5.5 as needed for pain/stopped
    Bentyl for bladder spasms
    Urelle for burning
    Prevacid for Acid Reflux
    Lorazapem for Anxiety attacks as needed
    Ultram for pain
    Fentanyl Patch 75 mcg for pain/stopped due to skin rash
    Vitorin

Never had HPV. IC runs in my family. Grandmother, mom & I all have it.
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Hi again Cindy! I have HPV and actually had two of the LEEP procedures which is an electric cauterization that involves a metal loop with an electrical charge that burns off the affected layer of cervical cells. There were both HORRIBLE for me! Many women here have said that their IC symptoms came on after pelvic procedures or surgeries, so you are not alone in connecting your surgery to your IC symptoms. I actually had no IC symptoms until after my youngest daughter was born in 2004. I just thought women who had kids went potty 10 times a day! My pain started after I had an IUD inserted. It got so bad that I had the IUD removed. The pain did go away for a few months, but then my frequencyand urgency got worse three months later in April and the pain was back full force in June.
      I am sorry they didn't give you your bi-polar meds properly. My mom is bi-polar and while she is finally on something that is helping her now, she still suffers side affects from some of the awful things she had to try. She has had hair loss, her hands shake, sometimes she just seems "out of it" because of damage done to her body from misunderstood and outdated drugs.
      As far as the drugs causing Cystitis, IC is actually not the same thing. My understanding is that Cystitis is a bacterial caused infection, possibly the same as an UTI, I'm not positive. Cystitis goes away with antibiotics. While some people do use antibiotics for IC their use is still quite controversial. My understanding is that at this time IC has no set in stone cause and no real cure. Right after I was diagnosed I purchased Dr. Moldwin's book "The IC Survival Guide" It answered my questions beyond the basic literature I was given at the doctor's office yet was something I could understand. All the medical terms are defined and there are chapters that describe many of the common treatments and side affects that go along with them. He has a great section on related illnesses as well. It was the best IC book I have come acrossed and I felt like I got my money's worth. Hope this helps!
      Rachel
      DX's:
      IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
      three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
      Currently using:
      Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
      Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
      I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Working...
      X