Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stacyY
    replied

Good luck with your SSI interview. Its realaly not an esy thing to do, The best things i can tell you is this. Makes everything they ask you sound worse then it its. if they say how often do you havae the bad pains. dont say ohh every now and then or every month .. You have to be very exact and say I have it all the time. It never goes away.
    For me its hard to do. I dont want to make myself sound so bad. and have no self respect so i tend to be little more soft on my self when describing things, And i think its not a good thing.
    My mother said that she had people where she works, a state home, which cares for mentlay handicaped people. Well more people then not get so hurt there and file for SSI also. Most said to her they had to get a lawyer, but once you get a lawyer its a pretty much guarente to it, plus they will have to go pay to when ever you first filed to try to get it even if it was 4 years back.
    So once again good luck with your interview.
    stacy

Leave a comment:

• vocalsgsc
    replied
    I am glad that you have had your psyc. I am just starting the SSI thing. In fact tomorrow I have my interview with the SSI people to start the application. I am so praying that everything goes well and fast for you!!!!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I know you were really nervous about this appt Stacy from the posts I have read so I am happy that it went well and it's over with. Hopefully you will here something soon.

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    started a topic Had my psychological exam for SSI today

Had my psychological exam for SSI today

Hi everyone,
    Well this morning, i had my exam. It was not bad at all. All I had to do was answer the standered tests. I had to take in all my medican, which was a 1/2 a plastic bag. She asked what conditions, and why i filed for SSI to begin with. Told all what I had which is a long list.
    Then they ask you some remembering questions, like repeat back a line of numbers, and count back words by 7 from 100, which i couldnt even think right to even do. I told her i think my medician is makeing me stupid. I can even function. The whole thing took about 45 mins is all, went fairly fast.
    But from there, she said she isnt sure how long it takes SS to respond. She said she had a few complaints because it was taking long time. she did say it would only take her by the end of the week to get her stuff sent to them. So all in all, its not bad at all.
    Take care everyone
    stacy
Working...
X