Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Glad you are here. I know you will find support and accurate information. Rmember this is the place to "let your feeling hang out" because, as you probably know, most people just don't get it

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    replied

Well come to the forum. Hopefuly we can be a great suport for you when you need it. I know this site been a great comfort to me. I have been suing this site for a little over a year now. I have gotten wonderful suport and great advice from so many careing people. I hope you will get the same here.
    Sorry of course to hear of all your problems. Its not an easy thing to deal with. But hopefuly you are able to get he right meds and treatment and will get some relief soon.
    Remeber this site when you need any help or have questions. And even to just let us know your doing well. ITs good to hear when others are doing well also, always hearing all the bad things isnt good for any of us. Good news is wonderful to hear always.
    Take care of you;
    stacy

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Hello and

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Hello and

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

I think my absolute worst time with IC was the months before diagnosis. Fortunately, my urologist was familiar with IC so I was diagnosed fairly quickly. The Patient Handbook at http://www.ic-network.com/handbook will help you learn more about IC.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I too went through many painful ovarian ultrasounds. I swear I thought I was going to pee on the table. this was all before official dx. they always thought the pain I was having was related to endo. Of course I did have endo, but I also had IC and IBS. Now my ovaries are gone, so no more quessing there. Good Luck and read the book. I bought mine at Barnes and Noble, but they have it here on web site also.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied

Have you started any treatments yet? Everyone will tell you to look in the Patient Handbook on this site and read about the IC diet; everyone will be right about this. It can make a huge difference.

Your story is sadly all to common. A lot of us have waited years before getting a correct diagnosis. But that doesn't mean the treatments will work any less well.

Good luck, keep us posted as you make your way along this journey.

Leave a comment:

• tbokay
    replied

I'm glad you got a diagnosis ... but sad it took so many years for you to get the diagnosis.
    Please do look over the foods and drinks list - this can be very helpful in avoiding flares.
    This message board is a great place to find info and for support.

Leave a comment:

• better1234
    started a topic I'm new and here is my IC story

I'm new and here is my IC story

I hope I am doing this right, I wasn't sure how to post. My name is Lori and I just turned 32. I first started having issues with my bladder, I guess about 4 or so years ago. It started off slowly and I think I was probably having symptoms of IC before this time but I just didn't recognize them. Around 4 years ago, I started going to the bathroom more and more often. I thought it was just because at the time I drank a lot of coffee (which I drink now, maybe once a month) but even if I cut back on the coffee, I still went a lot. I was also suffering from pain, it felt like a pulling where my ovaries are. So my doctor set up a pelvic ultrasound for me. Now in order to prepare for this test, your bladder must be full. This means drinking 2 8oz glasses of water, now I don't need to tell any of you how VERY painful it is for people with IC to have to hold a really full bladder. I was so uncomfortable I started to cry a bit but at the time, I had no idea what IC was, let alone that I had it. They didn't find anything. Fast forward 2 years later, now I am going to the bathroom every hour sometimes more and waking up 3 or 4 times a night to go. One night it was so bad, that I felt like I had to go constantly and I had pain and pressure, I was so scared because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I went to my gyn and she referred me to a urogynecologist. After examining me and taking yet another urine culture and finding nothing she said I need to have the hydro with the cysto. I had them done this past Friday and she told me then you have IC. I am grateful to have found a place where other people are going through what I am. God Bless!
Working...
X