Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICLori
    replied
    Swedish ancestry here - and autoimmune diseases absolutely run in our family. Plus lots of UTI's, too...

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    My ansestors were from French, English, Dutch, Irish, and German. I guess I qualify too. This is very interesting! I also wonder if there is something to it or not?

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    MerryBerryMoose,

The English is definitely northern european. The German could be as Germany spans most of middle europe from Scandinavia (north) to Italy (south)

I am almost 100% AngloSaxon (english) and about 5% northern german so I basically count in this.

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    I've heard that autoimmune diseases are more common in people of northern European ancestry - I just don't know how far north "north" is!

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    I'm English and German (from my mom's side) and Columbian, Spanish (like from Spain), Native American and Japanese (from my father's side).

Any of that Northern European (I need to bursh up on my geography BIG TIME)?

Leave a comment:

• Cardholic
    replied
    Most of my Grandparents/Great-Grandparents are from Lithuania (North-East Europe) and some from Kiev, Ukraine which is Eastern Europe. I have not read about a European link, However, I did read that it has a high prevelence in the Jewish People and I am Jewish. I'm not sure if this is related or not.

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    replied
    Opps ment Norther Euro,lol

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    replied

Hi everyone Thats really interesting news. I am also from E.Eur decent. Finish, Irish, German and French.
    The more the reserchers can find is common with people who have IC, the better. It might just help in finding a cure one day. Wouldnt that be nice!!
    take care
    stacy

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm Scotch, Irish, Danish, English, Dutch, and German --- so I guess I qualify? When I was in school, they talked about our country being the "melting pot of nations" --- I think I may be the pot they were talking about?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    I don't remember the actual research resource.. goes back several urology conferences if I remember correctly. Although IC is found on every continent, I believe that research has shown that those of a northern european descent are more prone to this. I'm Norwegian and Swedish so this makes sense to me!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• smcclafferty
    replied
    I found out that I actually read it on this site! It's on the main page under the article "Questionable cures for IC on the Internet". I think it is by Jill O. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    hey,

I haven't heard anything about that, but I too am of northern european descent.

Leave a comment:

• smcclafferty
    started a topic Women of Northern European heritage...

Women of Northern European heritage...

I just read somewhere that IC is found more in women of Northern European heritage. I'm just curious, because I'm of that descent. Has anybody else heard anything about this? Sorry if this is stupid, just me thinking too much again...thanks!
Working...
X