Just wondering how many people birth control pills help with their IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering how many people birth control pills help with their IC

I stopped my birth control and have been in a major flare since then.. I am going back on them. Has anyone else had success with birth control. While I was on it, I did flare but only if I drank to much soda. I noticed when I got on them for endometriosis my IC got better. I am praying when i get back on them this time it will help.

For me I know my pills effect my IC.. I even take them continious because it was so bad when I would stop them after the 21 days the doctor said for me just to take them year around.. I still have flares but the dont last as long are are not as bad as they used to be...
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I take Necon 1/50-28 and it helps a lot with my IC. I have been on other pills that help too but this works the best for me.

Medical "Issues":
      IC
      GERD
      Tachycardia(resting rate is 125-130 )
      Medicastions:
      Tramadol-as needed (IC)-50mg
      Elmiron 200mg twice a day
      Levsin .125mg 1-2 pills 4 times a day

Comment

HI;
        I also am taking continious birthcontrol for many years now. I had been on then when i was younger,early 20's, then i had gone off from them for a while, and i was always in pain again. Back then i only knew of the Endometriosis also. But then when i was about 29, i was placed back on them continiously, and acculy since 2005, I havent even had a perido, I had my doctor ask me if i wanted to take a brake for a month then go back to them, I said no way. I still have flare ups, but they deffiantly are not as bad.
        It took me a while to figure out that my flareups where usualy around when i was ovulating.Then when i had my period the pain continued never stoped, till 1 week after period. So i was lucky to get 1 week with no pain. I started writing everything fown, when the pains stqrted, spotting, ect. everything. Then it marked that I was getting flare ups due to hormonal fluxuations. So by being on the pills continusly, it stopped that from happening.
        I took the seasonel pills they are the 3 month pills,then you have a period and start new pack, I just jump right to the new pack. Or what ever type of pill your doctor wishes you to be on.
        For me though its sstill not strong enough. i still have spotting, and my body can still "tell" when should be ovulting, or when its the weel of my period. I still get cramps and PMS but the flareups are kept down to a min.
        If thats what is causing your flare ups, I deffinatly recomend going back onto them. try keeping track on your calender,I have a pain jurnel i keep daily logs. that way you can give better info to your doctor.
        Good luck and i hope you can get a good handle on your flareups.
        take care of you.
        stacy

Current Conditions:
        Endometriosis,1995
        IC,Feb 06
        IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
        Stomach Ulcers
        Duodenitis
        Acid Reflux
        Low Blood Sugar
        Hypothyroid
        Migrains

Surgeries
        Laporoscopy-1995
        Gaul Bladder-1996
        Laporoscopy-2005
        colonoscopy2005
        cysto/hydro-2006
        cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
        Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
        Seasonique,1 night(helps control pain for Endo)Provera, 10mg 1 night
        Elavil, 150 1pm
        Flexeril, 10mg 1 night(was to be 1 am also but makes me to sleepy)
        Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
        Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
        Topamax 25mg 1am 2pmCyannobalamin(b12), 1 injection every 2 weeks
        Reglan, 10mg, 1 3xday with meals-for duonditis
        Ultram 50mg 1 every 4hrs as needed for pain
        Pyridim,100mg as needed
        Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain
        Heating pad
        Ice Pack
        Arthritis Pain Equate brand 650mg usualy 2 at a time
        Stool softeners w/stimuli, 2am 2pm[/COLOR]

Hopefuly no more gets added to the list!!!

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
        Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
        My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
        When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
        Dont forget to take care of you!
        Take care

Comment

Yasmin

I am the opposite. I'm suspecting that my Yasmin birth control is CAUSING my flares. My fiancee just found this online.

"In most pills, the progestin is based on testosterone. Yasmin is an exception. The progestin in Yasmin is similar to spironolactone, a drug that works on the kidneys. In addition to helping to prevent pregnancy, this progestin, called drospirenone (drsp) also seems to act as a diuretic. Diuretics increase urination and can help with water retention."
          http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki...d_of_Progestin

So no matter what you do, don't get on Yaz or Yasmin! I can't believe my dr. didn't warn me of this! I've been on them about a year and never had flares before that. I'm getting off them as soon as I can see my OBGYN and talk over my options.
          Feel Free to Private Message me or E-mail me at
          [email protected]

Altough I have had IC symptoms in the past my main issue is urinary retention - I am DESPERATE for an answer. I have to self-cath every time I go to the bathroom and have been since 2000. I feel helpless. Any advice would be appreciated.

--------------------------------
          Interstim Trial on 12/21/07 - Didn't work so no InterStim for me

Tried:

Worked - Ditropan 15mg (and helps you sleep!) Off it now though

Didn't Work - Vesicare, Enablex, Detrol

Macrobid 50mg/day for to ward off infections
          Self-Cath (can't go on my own!) for retention
          Birth Control - Nothing- Quit Yasmin (It's a Diuretic!)

Comment

Brands

What brands of birth control pill worked for everyone? I am seeing my OBGYN and want to be ready with some suggestions.
            Feel Free to Private Message me or E-mail me at
            [email protected]

Altough I have had IC symptoms in the past my main issue is urinary retention - I am DESPERATE for an answer. I have to self-cath every time I go to the bathroom and have been since 2000. I feel helpless. Any advice would be appreciated.

--------------------------------
            Interstim Trial on 12/21/07 - Didn't work so no InterStim for me

Tried:

Worked - Ditropan 15mg (and helps you sleep!) Off it now though

Didn't Work - Vesicare, Enablex, Detrol

Macrobid 50mg/day for to ward off infections
            Self-Cath (can't go on my own!) for retention
            Birth Control - Nothing- Quit Yasmin (It's a Diuretic!)

Comment

Working...
            X