X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shana1234
    replied
    Brands

What brands of birth control pill worked for everyone? I am seeing my OBGYN and want to be ready with some suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Shana1234
    replied
    Yasmin

I am the opposite. I'm suspecting that my Yasmin birth control is CAUSING my flares. My fiancee just found this online.

"In most pills, the progestin is based on testosterone. Yasmin is an exception. The progestin in Yasmin is similar to spironolactone, a drug that works on the kidneys. In addition to helping to prevent pregnancy, this progestin, called drospirenone (drsp) also seems to act as a diuretic. Diuretics increase urination and can help with water retention."
    http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki...d_of_Progestin

So no matter what you do, don't get on Yaz or Yasmin! I can't believe my dr. didn't warn me of this! I've been on them about a year and never had flares before that. I'm getting off them as soon as I can see my OBGYN and talk over my options.

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    replied

HI;
    I also am taking continious birthcontrol for many years now. I had been on then when i was younger,early 20's, then i had gone off from them for a while, and i was always in pain again. Back then i only knew of the Endometriosis also. But then when i was about 29, i was placed back on them continiously, and acculy since 2005, I havent even had a perido, I had my doctor ask me if i wanted to take a brake for a month then go back to them, I said no way. I still have flare ups, but they deffiantly are not as bad.
    It took me a while to figure out that my flareups where usualy around when i was ovulating.Then when i had my period the pain continued never stoped, till 1 week after period. So i was lucky to get 1 week with no pain. I started writing everything fown, when the pains stqrted, spotting, ect. everything. Then it marked that I was getting flare ups due to hormonal fluxuations. So by being on the pills continusly, it stopped that from happening.
    I took the seasonel pills they are the 3 month pills,then you have a period and start new pack, I just jump right to the new pack. Or what ever type of pill your doctor wishes you to be on.
    For me though its sstill not strong enough. i still have spotting, and my body can still "tell" when should be ovulting, or when its the weel of my period. I still get cramps and PMS but the flareups are kept down to a min.
    If thats what is causing your flare ups, I deffinatly recomend going back onto them. try keeping track on your calender,I have a pain jurnel i keep daily logs. that way you can give better info to your doctor.
    Good luck and i hope you can get a good handle on your flareups.
    take care of you.
    stacy

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    I take Necon 1/50-28 and it helps a lot with my IC. I have been on other pills that help too but this works the best for me.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    For me I know my pills effect my IC.. I even take them continious because it was so bad when I would stop them after the 21 days the doctor said for me just to take them year around.. I still have flares but the dont last as long are are not as bad as they used to be...

Leave a comment:

• Just wondering how many people birth control pills help with their IC

I stopped my birth control and have been in a major flare since then.. I am going back on them. Has anyone else had success with birth control. While I was on it, I did flare but only if I drank to much soda. I noticed when I got on them for endometriosis my IC got better. I am praying when i get back on them this time it will help.
Working...
X