Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the Word Out

Hi all -
    My mom is a nurse in California and is active in her union. She has been looking for an outlet for us to talk about the difficulty we have had getting care for me. This is the result... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh0mgiwXzGM

Great video, but depressing and alarming. I think it is urgent that we get some changes in our health care issues. My son is a teacher and he and his families health premium is unreasonable compared to his salary. I had a procedure done and my doctor was in my plan, but the facility the procedure was done was not. (You always think you are making sure all is covered b/f you have anything done, but we learned a valuable lesson) I could go on and on, don't get me started. Anyway I hope something good comes from your video and changes are made in the health care.

robin
    The happiest people don't neccessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes their way!!

Meds:
    IC: Elmiron, Tofranil, Hydroxyzine, Prosed DS, stool softener
    UC: Asacol

Comment

Thank you to your and your mom for being such great advocates for equal, and fair healthcare for all of us here in the US! I'm going to go check out the site listed on the video.

Please thank your mom, from one nurse to another!

Sandy
      *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
      *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
      *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Working...
      X