Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had Endoscopy, now what do I do

Hi everyone,
    Well i had my endoscopy done. Went really well. But found I have some ulcers. And cos of this i can never again she said take Motrin or any type of ibuprophen.I pretty much life on this stuff. It helps with the swelling i get when i cant pee, and helps with over all pains. I get acheing so horribly even the motrin dont take it all way but it helps a lot. So now i have no idea what to do. I have to contact all my doctors to tell them i cant have it.
    BEsides the ulcers, she checked my lower intestine which is ok i guess, and also i have a hiatel hernia, which she said only way to fix it is with surgery, which she said is causing a lot of the problem. Wonderful,not! I can never win. Its always something. My throat is ok and the L.Intestine is goog so its a 50/50,lol...
    But really on the mortin thing, I been taking it 3 times a day. almost every day of the week. Any surgerstion for pain, she said i can have tylenol, by might as well be eating candy all the good it does me.maybe my doctors will have something to tell me.
    Thanks for any input.
    stacy

Current Conditions:
    Endometriosis,1995
    IC,Feb 06
    IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
    Stomach Ulcers
    Duodenitis
    Acid Reflux
    Low Blood Sugar
    Hypothyroid
    Migrains

Surgeries
    Laporoscopy-1995
    Gaul Bladder-1996
    Laporoscopy-2005
    colonoscopy2005
    cysto/hydro-2006
    cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
    Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
    Seasonique,1 night(helps control pain for Endo)Provera, 10mg 1 night
    Elavil, 150 1pm
    Flexeril, 10mg 1 night(was to be 1 am also but makes me to sleepy)
    Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
    Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
    Topamax 25mg 1am 2pmCyannobalamin(b12), 1 injection every 2 weeks
    Reglan, 10mg, 1 3xday with meals-for duonditis
    Ultram 50mg 1 every 4hrs as needed for pain
    Pyridim,100mg as needed
    Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain
    Heating pad
    Ice Pack
    Arthritis Pain Equate brand 650mg usualy 2 at a time
    Stool softeners w/stimuli, 2am 2pm[/COLOR]

Hopefuly no more gets added to the list!!!

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
    Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
    My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
    When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
    Dont forget to take care of you!
    Take care

Hi Stacy.
    I also cannot take any motrin or asprin containing meds due to my stomach issues. I usually only stick to xtra strength tylenol, which is not the strongest med. There are other pain meds out there that do not contain asprin, but you would likely have to talk to your doc about them. Did they give you anything for the ulcers? Carafate is suppose to really help. Hope you feel better soon.
    Jen

Comment

Ketoralac is a prescription antiinflamatory. I don't know if this would work, it is similar to Advil. Maybe babsrn or sandyrn would know for sure!

Erika
      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
      Birth Control

Comment

HI, I used to live on Ibuprofen too......for years for severe back pain.......that intern gave me severe acid reflux and I had hiatel hernia. Now I have Barrett's Esophagus......which you DON'T want to get....believe me! I now have to sleep in an upright position.....for life.
        I realize it's not easy not taking pain meds like Ibuprofen.....but please listen to your dr. Maybe you should look into the surgery for hiatel hernia. Mine was fixed when I had gastric bypass 3 yrs ago.
        I hope you can find another alternative for pain.......Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
        Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
        Dx'd Hypothyroid
        Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
        June 2007
        Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
        First Cysto 1979
        First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
        Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
        Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
        Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Dx'd: IBS 2000
        Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
        Laminectomy 1989
        Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

HI Everyone;
          Took long nap, and up again, man my stomach hurts. Well for the new meds they gave me its Reglan 2 time a day, and then to take prilosec 2 times a day. But i swear my doc looked it up and said i cant take 2 prilosec. I Do not know.
          I will make calls to my doctors tomarrow to let them know about the motrin, tylonel never do anything to me. So best i just call the doctors. I was talking to a friend from india, he said he knows a few studying to be a doctor. And he said they are so surprised here how all doctors here just hand out motrin like candy he said. Its such a malpractic,lol.. In india he said they do not hardly ever give it out. All my doctors tell me take mortin. I never had any say not to.
          Thanks everyone for the advice,
          take care,
          stacy

Current Conditions:
          Endometriosis,1995
          IC,Feb 06
          IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
          Stomach Ulcers
          Duodenitis
          Acid Reflux
          Low Blood Sugar
          Hypothyroid
          Migrains

Surgeries
          Laporoscopy-1995
          Gaul Bladder-1996
          Laporoscopy-2005
          colonoscopy2005
          cysto/hydro-2006
          cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
          Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
          Seasonique,1 night(helps control pain for Endo)Provera, 10mg 1 night
          Elavil, 150 1pm
          Flexeril, 10mg 1 night(was to be 1 am also but makes me to sleepy)
          Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
          Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
          Topamax 25mg 1am 2pmCyannobalamin(b12), 1 injection every 2 weeks
          Reglan, 10mg, 1 3xday with meals-for duonditis
          Ultram 50mg 1 every 4hrs as needed for pain
          Pyridim,100mg as needed
          Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain
          Heating pad
          Ice Pack
          Arthritis Pain Equate brand 650mg usualy 2 at a time
          Stool softeners w/stimuli, 2am 2pm[/COLOR]

Hopefuly no more gets added to the list!!!

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
          Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
          My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
          When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
          Dont forget to take care of you!
          Take care

Comment

Just like Roxie, I took a lot of ibuprofin for a long time for back pain, and it pretty mcuh ripped up my stomach. My doctor actually thought the ibuprofin might have been a contributing cause of my ulcer. So it might be time for a low-level prescription pain med like tylenol with codeine, and/or maybe a muscle relaxant for that 'all over the body' pain. Or elavil, do you take elavil? It helps a lot of people with both IC and fibromyalgia pain.

You definitely need to speak to a doctor about this. I am just glad to hear that there's nothing malignant going on, and you will be okay. That's the most important thing. Remember that!
            Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
            Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Working...
            X