Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my God, Ladies!!! Another IC article!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Meme, That is what I was thinking...lol
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Well, as far as the person in the article feeling better so quickly....I just think that is how FIRST magazine always writes their articles. I never saw a "sad" ending with the health stories in their magazine. It seems they always want to leave the reader with hope instead of despair...

Comment

That's true, they want to inspire us, not bring us down. Its just that all of us seem to be having this ongoing battle with our flares. I wish there would be an honest article about how difficult it is to deal with IC and the flares all the time. I did like how she went into about how her life revolved around having access to the restroom. I feel that.

Comment

I liked to article too

I really liked to article too. I didn't know about the fatique. I have had that for a long time now and I thought I was crazy. I am glad I read it!!!:woohoo:
          I am 28 and have been married for 7years. I have two boys one is 6 and the other 2. I have worked at the same job for 10 years.

Comment

hi

LOL, i wish more people knew about IC so i can stop getting dirty looks in public bathrooms. on a bad day i go 50-60 times. i don't wash my hands every time! i confess! i'm such a bad person! but YES, i do wash if i need to, LOL.

i'm tired of trying to "time" my exit "just right" so no one will see me and give me "the look."

can i get an amen?

or do i deserve these glaring eyes?
            Lee Ann
            Current Rx Meds:
            Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
            Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
            Hooray for babies!
            Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
            Didn't work for me:
            Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
            IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

Amen. I figure by the time that word really gets out about IC and people start to understand it, I'll be a genius when it comes to it, and all those glaring eyes will be looking up to me for the answers. Makes me feel a little better at least. LOL!

Comment

That's good to hear. Little by little word is getting out. So often times when people hear the word cystitis they think of "bladder infection". I get so tired of having to explain the diffrerence between IC and ordinary bladder infections.
                Natalie

I am multi-diseased with : MS, IC, IBS, and PDF

Diagnosed with IC - May 2006 IC symptoms : burning and frequency

Diagnosed with MS - March 2004 MS symptoms numbness in arms and legs, muscle weakness, major lack of bladder control and increasing bowel control problems. I wear Depend underwear 24/7.

Diagnosed with IBS - Sept 23, 2008

Diagnosed with PFD - Oct 1, 2008

Divorced Oct. 2009

IC Meds

Elmiron
                Hydroxyzine
                Elavil
                Lortab for pain
                Uristat

MS Meds:

Betaseron
                Novantrone
                Corticosteroids
                Skelaxin ( muscle relaxer)
                Neurototin for pain

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

The Serenity Prayer:
                God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                X