Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my God, Ladies!!! Another IC article!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalie41
    replied
    That's good to hear. Little by little word is getting out. So often times when people hear the word cystitis they think of "bladder infection". I get so tired of having to explain the diffrerence between IC and ordinary bladder infections.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    Amen. I figure by the time that word really gets out about IC and people start to understand it, I'll be a genius when it comes to it, and all those glaring eyes will be looking up to me for the answers. Makes me feel a little better at least. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• LeeAnn
    replied
    hi

LOL, i wish more people knew about IC so i can stop getting dirty looks in public bathrooms. on a bad day i go 50-60 times. i don't wash my hands every time! i confess! i'm such a bad person! but YES, i do wash if i need to, LOL.

i'm tired of trying to "time" my exit "just right" so no one will see me and give me "the look."

can i get an amen?

or do i deserve these glaring eyes?

Leave a comment:

• mirmir
    replied
    I liked to article too

I really liked to article too. I didn't know about the fatique. I have had that for a long time now and I thought I was crazy. I am glad I read it!!!:woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    That's true, they want to inspire us, not bring us down. Its just that all of us seem to be having this ongoing battle with our flares. I wish there would be an honest article about how difficult it is to deal with IC and the flares all the time. I did like how she went into about how her life revolved around having access to the restroom. I feel that.

Leave a comment:

• smcclafferty
    replied
    Well, as far as the person in the article feeling better so quickly....I just think that is how FIRST magazine always writes their articles. I never saw a "sad" ending with the health stories in their magazine. It seems they always want to leave the reader with hope instead of despair...

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Yeah Meme, That is what I was thinking...lol

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I read the article a few days ago. It was really good. I too thought that it was odd how she recovered found something that worked so quickly-yeah, who is her dr! LOL I'm so glad to see it out though. Whenever I find one of those articles I show it to all my co-workers and say "see, I'm not crazy!"

Leave a comment:

• pj77
    replied
    This is wonderful news. I love to hear about this happening. I hope to hear it more and more. I can't wait for the day when this is all over the magazines and news shows, and this sounds horrible but I can't wait for when it's the "hot" new disease that every news placeand talk show picks up the story.

We all need to do our part too, anything you can do, if it is donate a few dollars to ICN to help promote IC issues, or to write your magazines, or favorite program, like Oprah, Today Show etc. a letter and ask them to do a story on it and link them to this site, for research. Many places have an online place to send story suggestions. I know I've tried it a few times. Or even write your local stations or newspapers.

I do think many peoples efforts are working, as already more and more doctors seem to aware of IC, compared to stories of IC people going to the doctors years ago.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Kara,
    I checked out the home site for the magazine but it only had a place where you could order it..

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    How exciting!

Is there a way to view this article online?

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I think this is great news..I just got done reading the article and it was very good.. But I wish it had gone into more detail about the pain.. The lady that said she has it .. She said doctor helped her learn to control her symtoms, well I would like to know who her doctor is..lol but I am so glad the word is getting out.. So many of us go years with the symptoms but with no answers.. It looks the the word about IC just might be catching peoples attention, now

Leave a comment:

• mayray
    replied
    good for more articles on ic

I now have a huge stack of articles on IC compared to the few I had upon getting diagnosed in 1993. My friends are very helpful; they call me and tell me "you know that thing you have with your bladder, well its in the issue of so and so" Bringing more attention to our disease is what we want.:woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    I'm so excited that the word is getting out! Of course, all these articles make it sound like you just take a pill or do a therapy and you are fine (some of us, the traditional therapies don't work for, and I wish magazines would mention those of us who need pain management) but I'm still overjoyed that the word is getting out and people are starting to understand this is not a terribly rare disease after all.

Woo hoo!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    That is great that word is finally spreading about IC! I am so glad that this was in another well known magazine. I cant wait to get my copy! Thanks for letting us know!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X