Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disability and SSI report

Hi everyone.
    Today i recieve my info on my claim for SSI and Disability Social Security. I was declined by both. Its very frustrating but yet not surprising. I really thought its was a long shot. But knew i not get it. They said their doctors did not see how i could be disabled. And said i should be able to be making over 900$ a month. I like to know how since i miss work so much and not even allowed to make more then 500$ Gross Income because of my medicaid insurace. It makes no since to me at all.
    But a big thing it is saying is that you can not work for 12 solid months straight. even thought i was just working if i was lucky52 hrs a month(17hrs/week for 3 weeks), i was very lucky, never was i full time to met the insurance max amount even.
    So now I am not sure what to even do. I know i could appeal it but i have only not worked now for 2 months. I cant not work for 12, nobody can suport me for another 10 months.
    So there is my story for now.no SSI or Disability. trying to find a job but no luck. LOL the story of my life lattly, just no luck, But hopefuly things will flip soon, cant keep bad forever, at least i am hopeing.
    Hope all of you are well.
    take care
    stacy

Current Conditions:
    Endometriosis,1995
    IC,Feb 06
    IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
    Stomach Ulcers
    Duodenitis
    Acid Reflux
    Low Blood Sugar
    Hypothyroid
    Migrains

Surgeries
    Laporoscopy-1995
    Gaul Bladder-1996
    Laporoscopy-2005
    colonoscopy2005
    cysto/hydro-2006
    cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
    Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
    Seasonique,1 night(helps control pain for Endo)Provera, 10mg 1 night
    Elavil, 150 1pm
    Flexeril, 10mg 1 night(was to be 1 am also but makes me to sleepy)
    Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
    Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
    Topamax 25mg 1am 2pmCyannobalamin(b12), 1 injection every 2 weeks
    Reglan, 10mg, 1 3xday with meals-for duonditis
    Ultram 50mg 1 every 4hrs as needed for pain
    Pyridim,100mg as needed
    Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain
    Heating pad
    Ice Pack
    Arthritis Pain Equate brand 650mg usualy 2 at a time
    Stool softeners w/stimuli, 2am 2pm[/COLOR]

Hopefuly no more gets added to the list!!!

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
    Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
    My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
    When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
    Dont forget to take care of you!
    Take care

Sorry. SS and SSI take a while to go through. It took me over 2 years to get mine. I wasn't able to work at all and they still declined mine 2 times. I had to get an attorney. Then I still don't think it would have been approved had it not been for the fact that I was in the hospital on the day of the hearing and couldn't go. I am so far behind on all of my bills it aint funny. Anyway, I hope it doesn't take you that long to get approved. It does suck that you have to lose everything before you get it. It isn't enough that you feel horrible all the time. Good luck to you.
    Louise
    West Virginia Interstitial Cystitis/Prostatitis Support Group Leader
    [email protected]

Comment

Hey Stacy-

I just wanted to tell you that......I want to give u some incouragement but I know right now u might not want to hear it. I have been trying to figure out if I can even apply yet. I'm so confused about the whole thing.

Just try to keep ur head up and I'm sure someone with a wealth of information about ss will reply back to you.

Hey guess what......we have the same first name....except I spell mine Stacey. If u ever want to chat PM me ok. Take care and remember to keep ur chin up even if all u want to do is

Take care
      Live your life to YOUR best, and Love to YOUR best!!!

DX in 03 with Shingles
      Removal of Left ovary due to Cyst in 2005,
      I have had cyst since I started my period as a child age 12
      Hysterecotmy December 06
      IC DX March 07 by PST
      2 "rescue" instills in March 07
      Cyco May 07 confirmed IC
      Uro study June 07
      1st Pain Block July 17,08
      Hydro/Cysto Nov 11, 2008
      12-11-08 was told I had alot of inflamation

Meds: Allergic to 6 things
      Premarin......taking the gen cause I get it at Walmart for 4$$
      Presique for my drepression :woohoo:
      Abilify for my depression
      Adderall ...found out I'm ADD...makes sense now
      Kolopin for anxiety
      Noroco for my pain
      Valtrex for my shingles as needed

Sorry if my spelling is off on the meds [/FONT]

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

Stacy, depending on the geographic area, SS denies between 85 and 93% of applicants in the first round. The appeal is almost an inevitable part of the process.

The rule regarding 12 months is, you need to provide medical proof that the disability you have will prevent you from working for at least 12 months from the date of application. Not how recently you worked. You can start your application on the day you stop working, or stop making over 900 dollars per month.

It is very helpful to get letters from your own doctors supporting your position. The SS doctor is always going to say you can work, so you need doctors to counter them, if it goes to a hearing the Judge will then have both doctors' opinions to consider.

Don't lose heart. Good luck
        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I haven't worked in 3 years. I haven't bothered applying because I'm so worried about the process! Wishing you good luck!

Comment

It also took me 2 years. 2 denials and an appeals hearing to win. Don't give up thats what they want.

Comment

the acculy process is not that bad. It took about 5 months for it. If you have all your doctors, and have them on your side saying you cant work is the key. Mine say that i am able tow rok i guess. But the accul SSI process is not so bad, I Just had 2 apointments is all. Mostly its papaer work you have to fill out. If you really need it i would not put it off.
              Thanks for your kind words.
              Stacy

Current Conditions:
              Endometriosis,1995
              IC,Feb 06
              IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
              Stomach Ulcers
              Duodenitis
              Acid Reflux
              Low Blood Sugar
              Hypothyroid
              Migrains

Surgeries
              Laporoscopy-1995
              Gaul Bladder-1996
              Laporoscopy-2005
              colonoscopy2005
              cysto/hydro-2006
              cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
              Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
              Seasonique,1 night(helps control pain for Endo)Provera, 10mg 1 night
              Elavil, 150 1pm
              Flexeril, 10mg 1 night(was to be 1 am also but makes me to sleepy)
              Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
              Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
              Topamax 25mg 1am 2pmCyannobalamin(b12), 1 injection every 2 weeks
              Reglan, 10mg, 1 3xday with meals-for duonditis
              Ultram 50mg 1 every 4hrs as needed for pain
              Pyridim,100mg as needed
              Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain
              Heating pad
              Ice Pack
              Arthritis Pain Equate brand 650mg usualy 2 at a time
              Stool softeners w/stimuli, 2am 2pm[/COLOR]

Hopefuly no more gets added to the list!!!

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
              Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
              My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
              When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
              Dont forget to take care of you!
              Take care

Comment

Blue -- I was approved in four months from filing. The process is not necessarily that bad, and if you are turned down in the first round, it costs you nothing. You can decide whether or not to pursue an appeal. Go for it.
                Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Working...
                X