Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Blue -- I was approved in four months from filing. The process is not necessarily that bad, and if you are turned down in the first round, it costs you nothing. You can decide whether or not to pursue an appeal. Go for it.

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    replied
    the acculy process is not that bad. It took about 5 months for it. If you have all your doctors, and have them on your side saying you cant work is the key. Mine say that i am able tow rok i guess. But the accul SSI process is not so bad, I Just had 2 apointments is all. Mostly its papaer work you have to fill out. If you really need it i would not put it off.
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Stacy

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    It also took me 2 years. 2 denials and an appeals hearing to win. Don't give up thats what they want.

Leave a comment:

• blue
    replied
    I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I haven't worked in 3 years. I haven't bothered applying because I'm so worried about the process! Wishing you good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Stacy, depending on the geographic area, SS denies between 85 and 93% of applicants in the first round. The appeal is almost an inevitable part of the process.

The rule regarding 12 months is, you need to provide medical proof that the disability you have will prevent you from working for at least 12 months from the date of application. Not how recently you worked. You can start your application on the day you stop working, or stop making over 900 dollars per month.

It is very helpful to get letters from your own doctors supporting your position. The SS doctor is always going to say you can work, so you need doctors to counter them, if it goes to a hearing the Judge will then have both doctors' opinions to consider.

Don't lose heart. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• stac7_8
    replied
    Hey Stacy-

I just wanted to tell you that......I want to give u some incouragement but I know right now u might not want to hear it. I have been trying to figure out if I can even apply yet. I'm so confused about the whole thing.

Just try to keep ur head up and I'm sure someone with a wealth of information about ss will reply back to you.

Hey guess what......we have the same first name....except I spell mine Stacey. If u ever want to chat PM me ok. Take care and remember to keep ur chin up even if all u want to do is

Take care

Leave a comment:

• radstudent
    replied
    Sorry. SS and SSI take a while to go through. It took me over 2 years to get mine. I wasn't able to work at all and they still declined mine 2 times. I had to get an attorney. Then I still don't think it would have been approved had it not been for the fact that I was in the hospital on the day of the hearing and couldn't go. I am so far behind on all of my bills it aint funny. Anyway, I hope it doesn't take you that long to get approved. It does suck that you have to lose everything before you get it. It isn't enough that you feel horrible all the time. Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• stacyY
    started a topic disability and SSI report

disability and SSI report

Hi everyone.
    Today i recieve my info on my claim for SSI and Disability Social Security. I was declined by both. Its very frustrating but yet not surprising. I really thought its was a long shot. But knew i not get it. They said their doctors did not see how i could be disabled. And said i should be able to be making over 900$ a month. I like to know how since i miss work so much and not even allowed to make more then 500$ Gross Income because of my medicaid insurace. It makes no since to me at all.
    But a big thing it is saying is that you can not work for 12 solid months straight. even thought i was just working if i was lucky52 hrs a month(17hrs/week for 3 weeks), i was very lucky, never was i full time to met the insurance max amount even.
    So now I am not sure what to even do. I know i could appeal it but i have only not worked now for 2 months. I cant not work for 12, nobody can suport me for another 10 months.
    So there is my story for now.no SSI or Disability. trying to find a job but no luck. LOL the story of my life lattly, just no luck, But hopefuly things will flip soon, cant keep bad forever, at least i am hopeing.
    Hope all of you are well.
    take care
    stacy
Working...
X