X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trishann
    replied
    Hi Dorothy,

That is great your doctor is working with you. Hope those treatments will be successful for you.

Take care, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Hi Dorothy,
    Sounds like a pretty good plan! Lots of patients have had success with the Hydroxyzine & Elmiron.

Elavil is a pretty standard oral medication often used with the Elmiron & Hydroxyzine (don't know if you've tried that one already or if you'll even need it with the other things you're doing).

I have had success with bladder instillations (have done both the DMSO cocktail & home heparin types of instillations) & physical therapy (in-office and home exercise program).

Do check out the Patient Handbook Kara mentioned-- it's full of helpful information

Wishing you much success & that you are feeling better soon!

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    You want to check out the ICN Patient Handbook: http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/index.html

Well Wishes

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Hi Dorothy,

I have been doing weekly instils since April (3 the first week though). I would say the fist one was uncomfortable (cath.), but they aren't bad. I don't know if I've benefited from them. Atarax (hydroxine) has helped me tremendously sleep through the night. I was getting up every 10-30 minutes to urinate and now I can go 7 hours most nights before having to urinate. Major improvement. It doesn't help me during the day, but getting better sleep is a miracle!

I don't do PT, but I am on Elmiron. I will be coming up on month 3 soon. I would suggest taking it out of the capsule and drink with water to avoid GI upset (the capsule gave me gas/cramping). Some people have the same reaction. The med irritates my stomach a bit, but not horrible.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Dorothy and to the ICN...

There are lots of people on the Boards who use a combination of all of these treatments. I hope that they work for you and you find relief from this blasted disease. (((hugs)))

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Hello and

I have heard alot of people having success with the treatment plan he has set out for you.. Good Luck!!

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyo4
    started a topic New to ICN network....

New to ICN network....

I've been diagnosed with IC about 4 years ago but I finally found a doctor who is putting me through a treatment program different from any other doctor's I have tried. I was wondering if anyone has had success with some of the things that I am trying:

Bladder Instillations (twice a week)
    Physical Therapy (Once a week)
    Elmiron (3 times a day)
    Hydroxyzine (2 times at night)

I have not gotten the bladder instillations yet and I am wondering if they have worked for anyone and if they are painful, I am a little nervous about them.

I am up for any suggestions and information about IC, I have had this for a long time and I am just really frustrated and tired of not having any relief.

Thanks!!!
Working...
X