Day 37 of symptoms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 37 of symptoms...

I still can't get back to see my family doctor. When I call to book an appt they tell me to call the next morning for a same day appt but when I call the next morning, they say he's not in that day and they aren't booking appts for him. That's happened 3 times.

I landed in the ER 3 nights ago, the pain from my bladder was tremendous. And when the ER doctor thumped my left kidney, the pain literally knocked the wind out of me.

She did a urine dip and said she found "troubling" amounts of blood, and surmised that I was probably menstruating without being aware of it. Yep. She said she also found nitrites and pus, and said that the container must have been contaminated. She said it is "very common" for IC to respond well to antibiotics, according to what she read on the internet, and that she wouldn't put me on antibiotics anymore.

She did give me 2 weeks of Elavil, to be taken at bedtime. The first time I took it, I slept, off and on, for 16 hours, but it's not doing anything for the pain yet. I've been on Elmiron for 37 days, and it's not helping either.

Still no word on an appt with a urologist. I guess I won't be able to tackle any of this until after Christmas.

Just a few short months ago I'd been symptom free for over a year, I had no flare ups at all living in Toronto. Now I'm right back where I was, literally, almost 3 years ago.

I've had to withdraw from school. My career is gone. I have to sell my truck, a classic Chevy K5 that's been completely restored, so that I can move away from this city because I think it's too weird that I'm sick here again, and I was never sick when I lived elsewhere. I've lost everything. Because of my bladder.

This is the worst Christmas ever. I can't stop crying. I can't eat. I don't even want to get out of bed.

How come no one on here talks about Cystistat? It's available in Canada, if I can ever get in to see a urologist.

Hi

Dear Capnspaulding -

I am so sorry you are going through such an awful time. Hopefully, things will get better soon for you. I hope it will comfort you to know that others are thinking about you.

Cystistat is discussed under the section on the Boards where others talk about DMSO. Uracyst is also talked about a lot there.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

NancyB

Comment

Working...
    X