Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    The diet list is at http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf It's printable; you'll want to print it landscape.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Don Pittman
    replied
    Thank you. I will look for the diet list.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I believe the 2009 IC/PBS Food List is the most helpful guide there is available right now. It's recommended by both the IC Network and the ICA. I know there are a lot of lists out there, but some are older lists, and quite frankly some are questionable.

I just did a search on ionized water and found that it's being touted for a number of things, including slowing the aging process, but nothing from a reliable source to verify any of the claims.

Alkaline urine is usually a signal that there is infection present. Healthy urine is slightly acidic.

One thing you might try is to keep a detailed diary of foods and drinks, symptoms, activities, listing time of day --- sometimes it's possible to identify what's causing flares.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Don Pittman
    started a topic Ionized Water???

Ionized Water???

Hello;

If I sound frustrated it is because I am, so please forgive me. My hope is this audience may understand (my friends and relatives sure don't). I have been fighting IC for several years, three urologists. Lots of chemicals mostly with little or no effect. Currently taking Quercetin 500, Prelief, Flomax and 30-50 mg Amitriptyline.

Still having lots of pain in bladder, urethra, and recently the colon. Infact the colon pain is the worst. Every time I think I have diet figured out I have a flare up for no apparent reason. I have also seen conflicting diet lists. It seems like most of the food to avoid contain acid, so I started checking by body (saliva and urine) pH. Both are very acidic 6.2-6.6 pH. I am wondering if raising my body pH would help.

Has anyone tired drinking ionized alkaline water with a pH of 9.0 to 9.9 for an extended period of time?

Thank for you help, and agian please forgive my frustration!

Don
Working...
X