Back in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in 2011

Hope everyone had good holidays. My wish for all of you for the new Year is the best health,peace and healing...
    I know that I dont have IC because my biopsy was neg. and finally saw a good gyn guy that is treating me for vulvovaginitis or vulvodynia...so I'm doing the white coton underwear no perfume soaps and everything i can think of....The burning is somewhat gone but i"m left with extremely sensitive labia minor.. anything that rubs or touches it tingle,itches and hurts...
    Is there anything else i can do to help...if anyone out there has this problem I would appreciate any hints on what to do. I cant wear pants so in dress with stay up nylons.....
    I'm not on any current medications. will this settle down I hope....anyway will be thinking of everyone from this forum you are all great and you all help me cope......
    Pierrette (sleeplessnights)

Hope your doc is correct! All I can add to this is our PT who is extremely knowledgeable about IC and vulvular/related problems treats A LOT of women with vulvular conditions, so that may be another option for you. She says they do get relief, she can't cure 'em but she can help them.

Good luck to you, stay in touch and let everyone know how you are doing. Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

Have you tried sitting in a tub of warm water with about a cup of Epsom salts? That can be very soothing. That or baking soda.

I hope you can find something that helps.....hugs.........
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
      X