how many here swear by IC diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow thanks guys

So many replies and all seem to suggest im not helping myself as much as i could be. I am going to take Julie B's advice and make a month long plan off the bladder friendly list right now! then hopefully by my next appt I will see a change. Thanks guys. This site is great. Donna, Julie all you guys are a blessing I really am trying to do everything to avoid the interstim. I have found that taking my elavil middle of day helps my pain and it doesnt make me sleepy so thats a plus. I have to now get rid of that needing to go feeling next! Thanks again

Comment

Shaun,

As I read back on the string of people who responded to you, I realized how many of us here help people because other people helped us....some of us a long time ago. There is a richness of wisdom here at ICN that cannot be found anyplace else.

Twelve years ago, I was just as frantic as any newbie you see now. People reached out to me with love compassion and understanding.......

I often say ICN saved my life back then..........

Hang in there and let us know how the cycle menu works.

XOXOXOX
      Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
      IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
      IC Diet Website
      For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
      Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
      Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
      IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I have looked over the diet and the strange thing is I already eat 99% of these foods.

I never drink coffee, cokes, or diet drinks. Water or juice (apple or pear, I love the taste of both) my downfall is Chocolate but I dont eat that much of it. One of the small snack size ones like once a week.

I love fresh grown tomatoes but I have cut those way back because I was getting mouth ulcers.

I think I am going to really give this diet a good looking at to see if I can improve my eating in any other way, if I can find something else to cut out that will help, WOOHOO!!

What is prelief? Where can I find it and what does it do for you? I dont have pain, I have just a tingling somethings not right sensation, which sucks.

Comment

We are so much alike, yet we are all different. At first, I half-heartedly attempted the IC diet. Over time this proved to be a disaster! Since October 2010, I have stayed on a strick IC diet and I can tell a difference.

My progress has been slow but I can feel improvements daily.

In conjunction with the IC diet, I also take Prelief with every meal, Elmiron 3X daily, BCP, and CystoProtek. Both Elmiron and CystoProtek can be found on this site.

Continue your search. I truly believe Light and Love will light your path and lead you to everything you need.

Have the best day you possibly can!

Praying for the cure

Comment

I know for me, diet isn't the only thing that can cause my IC to flare, but in hindsight I'd say diet was behind the vast majority of my flares. One thing that I learned was that following a percentage of the diet didn't help. If my diet included a trigger, even just one single thing my bladder didn't like, my symptoms continued.
            "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

txflea - Prelief reduces the acid in foods so you can possibly eat some on the try it and caution list. For instance, I take it white wine and reduced acid coffee and pretty much everything I'm not sure of. You can get it here and at Walgreens but the best price I have found for a bottle of 300 is on Amazon. I usually buy multiple bottles to save on shipping.
              Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
              Macrobid after sex
              Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
              synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
              AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
              AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
              Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

Working...
              X