• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzeeQue37
    replied
    Originally posted by scarlett0 View Post
    welcome!!!!

i don't know anything about the meds, but if you belong to AAA (the auto/travel group), they have a prescription discount program that offers a small discount if a med is not covered under insurance. there are also other discount groups out there, maybe googling will help find them. i don't recall the names. i don't know of any companies that offer help for the after-insurance costs, but hopefully this helps.
    Thanks Scarlett! It does help, Im going to look into that,,anything that would make the meds cheaper is worth looking into,,thanks again for your help!

Leave a comment:

• SuzeeQue37
    replied
    Originally posted by VickiB View Post
    I've no experience with UTA but just wanted to say welcome to the group!

Vicki
    Thank You Vicki!

Leave a comment:

• scarlett0
    replied
    welcome!!!!

i don't know anything about the meds, but if you belong to AAA (the auto/travel group), they have a prescription discount program that offers a small discount if a med is not covered under insurance. there are also other discount groups out there, maybe googling will help find them. i don't recall the names. i don't know of any companies that offer help for the after-insurance costs, but hopefully this helps.

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    I've no experience with UTA but just wanted to say welcome to the group!

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• SuzeeQue37
    replied
    Originally posted by cmclien View Post
    Hi and welcome to the board!
    I'm no help unfortunately. I thought for spasms you take anticholinergenics like ditropan, vesicare etc. Thats what I take for them anyways and they have stopped luckily. I thought the prossed was for pain.
    There are of course lots of knowledgeable people here who will be able to help you.
    Hi Cmclien,
    Thank you for the welcome!
    I have tried vesicare before, but that didnt work... so when they told me to try prossed I did,,,and If I was peeing blue, everything felt "normal" and the spasms stopped. It was a good night when I was peeing blue and didnt go thru a whole role of toilet paper in one night.
    So now just trying to see about UTA,,Ive only been taking it for 1 day,,,and it is supposed to make you pee blue also,,,,no blue yet,,but you can bet what my prayers are going to include tonight! I dont think its wrong to ask God if he could help to make me pee blue! hahaha
    Anyway, thank you for the reply, and hope to talk soon!

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Hi and welcome to the board!
    I'm no help unfortunately. I thought for spasms you take anticholinergenics like ditropan, vesicare etc. Thats what I take for them anyways and they have stopped luckily. I thought the prossed was for pain.
    There are of course lots of knowledgeable people here who will be able to help you.

Leave a comment:

• SuzeeQue37
    replied
    Originally posted by Julie B View Post
    Just wanted to add my welcome to the ICN!

This is an amazing group and I am sure you will get many answers to the questions you have!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS
    Thanks for the welcoming Julie! Im soo glad I found it and joined! Looks to be a great bunch of people!

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    Just wanted to add my welcome to the ICN!

This is an amazing group and I am sure you will get many answers to the questions you have!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Leave a comment:

• SuzeeQue37
    replied
    Originally posted by sailawaygrl View Post
    You might want to google it that way you can get all the info. I know there are people on here taking it also. I believe it is one of those that turns your urine blue, and everything else it touches!! It should help with the spasms though.

Welcome to the ICN! Sorry you have IC, but glad you found us. This is a great place for support.
    Thank you for the Welcoming!
    I have googled it before, and what I read it seems to just work the same as prossed! I was just hoping someone could tell me the pros and cons of the medicine,,if they had any problems with it and so on,, Prossed turned everything blue also,,haha Im used to that!
    Once Again thanks for the welcoming and the reply!

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    You might want to google it that way you can get all the info. I know there are people on here taking it also. I believe it is one of those that turns your urine blue, and everything else it touches!! It should help with the spasms though.

Welcome to the ICN! Sorry you have IC, but glad you found us. This is a great place for support.

Leave a comment:

• SuzeeQue37
    started a topic Hello Everyone, Im new here!

Hello Everyone, Im new here!

Im a 37 year old female and I have had a mild case of IC since 2006,,,was on Elmiron untill 2009,,,started having major bladder spasms in 2009,,was put on prossed,,which helped quite a bit,,,but because the medicine was so expensive I had to go off of it and take Methenamine,,which worked ok,,,not as well as the prossed but it did help. One day the Methenamine quit working,, and I have moved to another state since being diagnosed with IC. The doctor here has put me on UTA ( another expensive medication) so Im hoping it works well,,as well at the prossed did...cant afford this medication for very long,,so hoping to be on the UTA for a month to get everything calmed down again ( meaning the awful bladder spasms and feeling like I have to pee all the time) then start the Methenamine back up...Can anyone tell me anything about UTA? Is it as good as prossed? Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
    So Glad I found this website!

Take care and God Bless Everyone
Working...
X