new to Board and to IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to Board and to IC

Hi everyone, I am sinead. Firstly I have to say how glad i am that someone suggested this forum, as i am other boards, but this one is very good and with a chance to dicuss so much and to have the chance to many qestions answered on many things like IC, pain, linked conditions, flare ups, diet and other things.

I am 18 and Live in the UK, I have had bladder problems since i was 14 after getting a infection, after that things just got worse, i got many infections, or and after while i thought i was still having UTI's but nothing ever showed up. at first i had a CT scan and ultrasounds on my bladder to find out what was wrong, the problems with my bladder have got worse and now is normally very uncomertable and has caused anxiety, I was diagnosed with IC last year, I have really struggled with my bladder and because of the anxieity that came with it i was housebound for a year, untill october last year and not looked back since, even though i still really struggle, i know get out even when really uncomfertable and never relaised how much i missed the simple things. I still really struggle with journeys. I have been put on various meds for overactive bladder but they just made me feel worse, and still trying to get correct medications from doctor, I find that i am still really struggling with diet and is hard not being able to eat my favouirte foods anymore.

I also suffer from asthma,eczema, scoliosis, Peripheral nueropathy, deafness, acid reflux, IBS, and other things

now to tell a bit about me
    I run a chairty called Long term UK which can be found on facebook, i set this up to help people with long term conditions and disabilty, I also have two campaign goingm one is to stamp out voilence in the home and the other is to improve the way people with long term conditions are treated.
    I am currently unemployed but planning to work from home, I am wanting to run my own business, maybe my own dance school and i will be starting to run classes soon for disadvantaged children and adults.

I am counciller for my local NHS, am standing for the youth parliment elections the moment. I do have a lot going on at the moment with also at this current trying to get publicty for my chairty and already been in local paper and in last weeks Love it magazine, I am also starting to write a book and made it to the semi-finalest for Miss Teen Great Britiain.

Despite my health being bad, my life has improved in other way, i got a local award which was highly commended in child of courage in pride of MK. I love dancing when i am able to, painting and photography, also look after animals

I am so glad you found us! to the ICN! Sounds like you're pretty busy, and all for great reasons! Wow I know we all look forward to seeing you around the boards!

hugs,
    Tracey
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day