Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justshootme
    replied
    I tried the physical therapy for frozen shoulder but had to quit after a few sessions because my insurance did not pay for it. My shoulder slowly unfroze on it's own but I do not have the full range of motion that I did before. In my case, if I could have kept up with the pt, then my shoulder would probably be 100% back.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I honestly think the point of the physical therapy is to strengthen the shoulder muscles; I think I'll very probably end up having surgery --- it's an outpatient surgery and there's an orthopedic surgery center here so it shouldn't be horrible. I think my insurance company likes to send people for PT to try to avoid surgeries.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Snowden1
    replied
    Jill,
    Good to know that your shoulder is better. My ortho dr. said "most people come out of this." He wanted to do the cortisone shot with me also, but I didn't know how it would react with my bladder and that pain is worse than the shoulder pain so I decided to skip it. I am just doing the excerises I learned in the military. I should look up the correct ones to treat this on the web. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    Ah the mysterious frozen shoulder that just comes out of nowhere, like IC. Had it as well, doc wanted to send me to PT, but uninsured at the time and could not leave Bob to deal with it anyway. Did have the Xrays, showed some degeneration and bloodwork showed rheumotoid factor. Came home, looked up the exercises online and did them religiously. Took about 8 months, about 95% now, do get that occasional crick-crack still, but much better. The exercises are very gentle and you can adjust them to your own pain level. Doc also offered a cortisone shot in the shoulder, but was in too much agony at the time to accept it. Bob does get the mysterious aches and pains as well, but think a lot of it is from compensating with his body to try to get comfortable and relieve the IC pain. He can get in some pretty strange contortions, starting to call him mahareeshi mahesh...Hope your shoulders get better, boy it does hurt, sometimes a wrong move can drop you to the floor. Take care. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• Snowden1
    replied
    justshootme,

I feel more like I'm on the water and chicken diet really. But, I know what you mean, I can't eat any bread, I have been trying to find a gluten, dairy free bread without preservatives and yeast (this messes up my stomach). I find the low oxilate (sp?) diet helps the vv pain. I would just like a piece of fruit once in awhile. I know I'm not getting the nutrition I used to get.

Donna,

How will PT help the spurs? Does this get rid of them or just increase mobility? The shoulder I hear the cracking sound in they did not do an x-ray on (this one is better after I exercised it) the left one they did x-ray and it was ok. The Dr. asked me to raise it and move it then said it was frozen shoulder. Did they tell you what causes these spurs? I pray that PT works and that you will not need to have another surgery.

Leave a comment:

• justshootme
    replied
    Snowden1,
    My shoulder is better too. For awhile I thought it was starting in my left shoulder also, but it went away. I'v also had lower back pain, upper back pain, and bad sciatica. I had an MRI on my neck which showed 3 bulging discs which can explain the upper back and shoulder pain. I'm interested to see what turns up when they MRI my whole spine since I do not have direct bladder pain, just terrible urgency to go and the weird rectal pain. I'm thinking it may be a nerve thing. I hope so, I am getting hungry too. Do you feel like your on bread and water?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I also have a shoulder problem, but X-rays and MRI diagnosed three spurs so there's a reason for my shoulder pain. I start physical therapy tomorrow --- will see if that helps. If not, it's going to be surgery to remove spurs.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Snowden1
    replied
    Hi,
    So your shoulder is better now? My right shoulder did the same thing. I kept exercising it and it got better. However, then it started in my left shoulder. I still have this cracking in my right arm but can lift it and move it fully. My left arm still has limited mobility. But, after I sleep I still wake up with both sides still hurting (but the left is the worst). I do think there is something going crazy with nerves or my immune system - or possibly because of lack of nutrition from not being able to eat hardly anything.

Leave a comment:

• justshootme
    replied
    Thanks everyone who has commented. To Snowden1, I had a frozen shoulder. It is very painful. It lasted about 2 years and I still can't raise that arm very high or lay on it. Luckily, the really painful part is the freezing up part and that passes after the first few months.
    I've seen my new (we just moved here a few months ago) regular doctor and he seems very keen to track down this rectum pain. I'm having a pelvic ultrasound next week and if that doesn't show anything he's going to MRI my entire spine. He thinks everything could be nerve related since in the last few years I have had back pain, sciatica, and frozen shoulder. I too found info online about the pudendal nerve and have found some relief by sitting on cushions that support my weight on my cheeks and thigh and not the middle. Isn't it strange that a nerve can go haywire and make you positive that you have to pee? Even stranger that it absolutely convinces me that I've got something in my rectum even though my rectum was removed 17 years ago? It would be better than IC I think because then I could at least eat...

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    Hope you are feeling better now that your anxiety is more under control. Sometimes hormones play a role in anxiety/panic attacks as well. I know when I was premenopausal they hit me hard and lasted for a few years, and then just disappeared.

Have you looked at prudendal nerve entrapment? Give it a google, it has many of the IC symptoms as well, and is more common in those who have had any type of abdominal surgery. A PT could help you with that also. Good luck to you, hope you get to the answers you need and deserve. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    replied
    I agree with Snowden1. The intense daily pain associated with IC interferes with daily life and it's depressing, to say the least. I'm thankfull for every day with less pain, haven't had a painless one yet.

I too, used to be very active, run 6 days a week, hike etc. but this illness changed everything. Unfortunately, I drown my sorrow in food. Yes...I overeat and gained 10 lb within this last month.

Everything just seems meaningless now, life will never be the same. My uro says this condition is chronic and I better get used to it. Easy to say

Leave a comment:

• Snowden1
    replied
    You ask if anyone cries everyday. I do. I don't know if there has been one day that I haven't cried since going to the ER and finding out that I have IC. This is a huge shock from the way I used to live. I was healthy and happy and now I'm not. I have so much stress now that I just feel I can't take anymore. I agree with post before mine. This illness causes Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Just waiting for the pain to hit is enough to drive one crazy then add on ALL the people who don't understand and treat you like you are exaggerating. Not to mention the frequency and urgency to go to the bathroom. I carry around extra clothes (of course they are loose fitting) and extra travel johns to pee in if I am in the car and can't make it. Although, my frequency and urgency have gotten better than the first year - it is always in my mind how bad it can come back. Now I have other developing issues - why???? Frozen shoulder (also painful, especially at night), IBS (also painful and stressful). I have gluten and dairy intollerance and don't eat much at all now becaus so much causes pain. No one can understand this. I am home all the time now never going out except for the dr. I used to love being with friends and eating, laughing etc. I can't watch t.v. anymore or people eating it is too upsetting. I miss eating. I miss life. I miss what I had. I am trying to decide what procedure to try next after trying so many that have failed. I tell myself to keep hope, but that is pretty hard when all you feel everyday is pain and suffering. I don't know how people hold it all together with all this going on. I am glad that you feel you are not "as bad" as others, but you shouldn't compare yourself to others. Your pain and struggle is real and you should not think that you don't deserve to be upset by it. You deserve to feel exactly how you feel and complain all you want. I really hope that you can find some peace with this and feel better. There are many people who really care on this board and want to help.

Leave a comment:

• debbiekdt
    replied
    A lot of people say that the stress made the pain worse. It was true for me. I deffinatly believe that people with this pain have Post tramatic stress syndrom. The fear of the pain is horrible. And then the fear of going to the Dr. so they can treat you like a moran. How can Drs be so dumb about what intense pain does to people. I am currently seeing a Gyno-urologist. He helped with the pain in my urithra. Now if I can get something to help the bladder pain I'll be a happy girl. I do know that yeast played a big part in the pain and the antibiotics made that worse. I avoid antibiotics at all cost.

Hang in there. You aren't crazy the Dr.s are.

Leave a comment:

• justshootme
    replied
    Thanks, I have some Xanax now and it does help a lot. I feel bad complaining when I read some of the other stories on here because I have a great husband and I don't need to go to work. I've had so much in my life that I always dealt with just fine mentally before I was married and had to work. I don't understand why I've snapped now.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    I looked up trigonits because I honestly didn't know what it was. I saw someone else that posted on here and said the trigonitis and IC were the same thing. From what I read they are not the same in some ways. Such as where the problem is within the bladder, although one description seemed to say that the name trigonitis tended to be a catch all name. From what I read though, I would certainly think that the ic diet and some other things we do for help should help you. My suggestion as to the other painful feeling is that you see a gastroenteroligist, do you still have to have any checks from your removal? If not maybe you could call one and tell them what is going on to see if they feel it would be worth your time coming to see them. Maybe as an alternative to that try an internist that could possible know what type of Dr to refer you to.
    Something is certainly not right and you do need to keep pushing until you find an answer. I hope you are able to get help soon.
    Sandra

Leave a comment:

Working...
X