Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to ICN

Hi everyone,
    I am 24 years old and was diagnosed with IC in 2004 at 17. I also have endometriosis, adhesions, osteopenia, and migraines. I have had pain from my IC pretty much since I was diagnosed, but after delivering my son via c-section in July, the pain has become almost unbearable. i joined ICN because I really need to connect with people who are going through the same thing as me. No one seems to understand. It interferes with my functioning almost daily, and I was wondering if anyone here has had a significant increase in pain during and after pregnancy? I plan on posting a thread about my whole experience soon. I'm glad to finally find a place to talk to people that share the same misery as I do and who can understand my pain.
    Anne
    I am the mother to my beautiful son Parker Thomas.
    I have had IC for 10 years, and I also have migraines, endometriosis, pelvic adhesions, osteopenia, peptic ulcers, fibromyalgia, and PFD.
    I am currently prescribed Effexor XR 150 for depression/anxiety, 50mcg Fentanyl patch, Percocet for breakthrough pain, Klonipin for sleep and anxiety, and d-amphetamine salt xl for ADHD and excessive daytime sleepiness due to my pain meds, Pyridium, 10 mg of Valium (inserted vaginally to relax pelvic floor muscles, and I do bladder instillations once a day consisting of a mixture of 3cc Sodium Bicarbonate, 5CC Lidocane, & 22cc of Heparin. I also regularly use a prescribed TENS unit for pelvic pain, along with lots of rest in bed with my four, four-legged furry friends. (I once heard called "fur-therapy")
    There is always something beautiful around you, sometimes you just have to look for it!
Working...
X