Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diganosed with IC last June.. Is it getting better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    I have been seeing the term "food based" a lot lately. Where do you find multi vitamins that are food based. I would like to research them further to see if I could possibly take them. I have always taken a multi in the past, until IC. I am a picky eater and now I am more limited. I feel that I really need the extra help.

Leave a comment:

• dmm_artist
    replied
    I am taking a multi-vitamin (food based) and a probiotic.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    What meds are you taking that are making you feel better since it sounds like you don't really "need" the diet.

I think people can go into remission or be mostly symptom free, and maybe for quite long periods of time depending on what they are taking. But its not curable unfortunately YET, hopefully soon, someday.

Its really unusual to have a high ph, unless you are ill, most people have a low ph and tend towards acidic. Did you buy some test strips? They are usually good for both mouth and urine but read the label and make sure.

Leave a comment:

• mmarsh
    replied
    Congrats on your progress! You must have a very mild case of IC if you can drink alcohol, etc. and go all night without getting up. You are very fortunate. Can you share what treatments besides PT you have used? I was diagnosed in October of 2010 and am on Elmiron (400 p/day) and 20 mg. of Elavil. I think I am just now starting to feel better. I'd love to know what has worked for you. I understand that there is no cure for this, however you do seem very close!!

Leave a comment:

• Diganosed with IC last June.. Is it getting better?

Hi all,
    I was diagnosed with IC last June via cystoscopy. I had spots of inflammation and one place where there was pinpoint bleeding.

I feel like things have SLOWLY started to get better.

I saw a PT for ~ 5 weeks in the beginning who also diagnosed me with PFD. I think that this has pretty much gone away but it still feels weird down there when I sit for long periods of time.

I can drink alcohol, eat sugar, etc. without it bothering my bladder. I do get twinges of pain now and then but I cannot seem to relate it to anything I eat. Also, I can go all night without having to urinate and have pretty much from the beginning.

Do you think I can completely heal from this?

Also, does anyone get sore spots on the tip of there tongue? I am beginning to think my PH level is too high and that is what is preventing me from fully healing.
Working...
X