Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MelindaP
    replied
    They are definately related. I don't have IBS per say, but I remember when IC first hit me, every time I had a bowl movement I would burn from both ends. It was hell! I still get burning at both ends sometimes after a bowl movement. I attribute it to conracting the muscles down there in order to push. I take magnesium & flax seed oil at night so I don't get comstipated. It does not burn as much now, but does still occassionally. It usually dies down after a short while. The nerves are are so closely related down there, I think they set each other off.
    MelindaP

Leave a comment:

• Capey
    replied
    I found something odd, so dont know if its tied into urethra burning , but if not its quite a coincidence. I suffer from IBS which when it flares up causes urerthra burning as well, the two always go hand in hand. To sort out the IBS I take huge quantities of acidofolis(eek spelling - those friendly bacteria things) stick to the IC diet and CUT OUT ALL GRAINS...now not sure if this works for everyone but it works for me, the burning (at both ends sorry to be so graphic) stops within a day or two, and I am back on track. Its worth a try, cant kill you to just cut out grains for a few weeks, rice and potoatos are OK, for your carbs - but then it helps the old waistline to cut out the carbs for a bit. Hope you are feeling loads better. Greetings from across the pond.

Leave a comment:

• MelindaP
    replied
    I hear ya! I have not had a piece of fruit in about 6 weeks now & I LOVE fruit! However, the good news is that I started the South Beach diet on Monday & already lost 2 lbs! You can't have any fruit for the first two weeks so at least I am depriving myself for the greater good!
    Melinda

Leave a comment:

• susan lynn
    replied
    thanks for your words of encouragement. It means alot. The new meds are working pretty good now after 6 days. Trying to stick to the diet but the fruit season is around the corner. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• MelindaP
    replied
    Hi Susan. This too is my chief ic complaint. It is awful! Urelle does help me some, but it does not take away the burning 100. I am currently getting over a urethral flare, and for me that can take up to 2 months. Baking soda in water does help somewhat to. I can go into medical remission for moths at a time & eat & drink anything. This is the worst symptom I think. I think what happens is that once that tissue gets damaged & inflamed it just takes awhile to calm down & heal. Stick with the diet & give it time with the meds. I hope you feel better soon!
    Melindap

Leave a comment:

• greengenes3
    replied
    Susan,

I'm glad the Prosed is working well for you!! It's truly a blessing when you find the one drug that makes a difference. Take care,

Gina

Leave a comment:

• susan lynn
    replied
    prosed DS has helped

Uro had me try Prosed DS and it has helped about 95% which I am happy about. I can handle the 5% discomfort. What an awful experience. Don't wish this on anyone. Thanks for all of your help ladies.

Leave a comment:

• nottoc4
    replied
    I hope it works too Susan.

Leave a comment:

• canadian daisy
    replied
    Susan,
    I hope you get some relief soon! Praying the meds kick in and wipe the pain out!

Leave a comment:

• suzannes
    replied
    Susan Lynn,

This was one of my biggest complaints early on. Elavil and PT helped a lot. I no longer have urethral burning.

Suzanne

Leave a comment:

• susan lynn
    replied
    just got back from the uro. She put me on Prosed DS and antibiotic small dose every night for two weeks. If this don't work, she is going to do another scope to see if there is something else going on. Hope the meds work.

Leave a comment:

• nottoc4
    replied
    Thank you.I am on guard all the time though. I am not cured but I enjoy the
    pain free time I have now. Good luck to you,I wish you the same luck as me.

Leave a comment:

• susan lynn
    replied
    I am so happy for you. I hope you never have to worry about this again. thanks for your help, it means alot. good luck.

Leave a comment:

• nottoc4
    replied
    They are similar. I was on Urelle and then my insurance wouldn't pay for it but will pay for UTA.It must be cheaper.I have not had to use it for 6 months or so. I am in a "medication"remission with Elmiron. No pain or burning for quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• susan lynn
    replied
    Thank You so much. I have an appointment with my uro tomorrow I will ask her about UTA. Im on urelle now do you know if it is the same?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X