X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VickiB
    replied
    Originally posted by Roscoep
    Did yours go away after pregnancy?
    No. But it went away every time I was pregnant, stayed quiet through-out breastfeeding, and didn't return again until after the baby weaned. It's a wonder I don't have a slew of kids!

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    What is your uro doing for you?

Leave a comment:

• Roscoep
    replied

Thanks for your reply. I am currently taking elmiron and adarax along with birth control. I follow the diet to a t. You are correct they do think they might be hormonal. Did yours go away after pregnancy?

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    Hi Roscoep! Welcome to the ICN!

Most of us do get to feeling better following diagnosis, treatment, and making a few other changes. The IC diet is one thing we can do to help ourselves so if you haven't found it yet here's a link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/ There's a link on that page to the cheat sheet, a page where foods are divided into categories depending on how well they tend to be tolerated by those with IC. Diet made a huge difference for me.

It sounds like there may be a hormonal component triggering your symptoms if birth control seemed to help. So sorry you've had to put your plans to conceive on hold! FWIW, quite a few of us found our IC went into remission during pregnancy.

Has your doctor started you on any kind of treatment plan yet?

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• Roscoep
    started a topic Will things get better

Will things get better

I was recently diagnosed with IC after being in pain for three months. I got on birth control and that seemed to be what helped me. I recently got off because we wanted to try and conceive and it all started again. Because I was so scared I got back on birth control and have been I'm it for seven days but still have no relief. Right now I just want to know this will get better I feel so hopeless and down. I am so scared!
Working...