No announcement yet.

:help: I need your help, PLEASE!!!

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • :help: I need your help, PLEASE!!!

    My symptoms are uncontrollable right now. I was diagnosed with I.C. in 2007 and couldn't find any Dr. that knew anything about it under my insurance policy. In results of not treating my bladder for 4 years now, I've gotten progressively worse as the years have gone by and am now in desperate need of help! I just found out yesterday I was denied insurance coverage and have lost all hope in getting better! Does anyone have any suggestions as what to do now with no insurance?!?!?!?! Any help and encouragement is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    There may be several options open to you --- you may be eligible for help from your state --- if you are able to be on a group plan through employment they will usually cover pre-existing conditions --- or you might check to see if there are any free or reduced cost clinics in your area. The Social Services Department at your local hospital may also be able to direct you to getting some help.

    You may need to come up with the cost of a visit to a urologist. Many will let you set up a payment plan.

    In he meantime, if you're not following an IC diet, I suggest you begin immediately.

    I hope you're able to find medical help soon.

    Warm hugs,
    Stay safe

    Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center -
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) -

    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

    Patient Help:


    Diet list:

    AUA Guidelines:

    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

    Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool


    • #3
      Thanks ICNDonna for your suggestions! I have been following the I.C. diet and am going to see if the state or local hospital can point me in the right direction.


      • #4
        Hey girl! Remember too that information is power here. Read up as much as you can about treatments. Every drug company has a "drug or patient assistance" program that can provide medications to patients who meet their income criteria. There are also some viable potential food supplements available over the counter, such as Cystoprotek, that may help reduce discomfort and symptoms.

        If you'd like to talk, please feel free to call me in the ICN offices.. 10am-5pm pst West Coast time. (707)538-9442. I'll be happy to help find you some resources, etc. etc.
        Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality.

        Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

        Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.


        • #5
          icnmgrjill Thank you for responding. I agree knowledge is power and I have been doing some research.
          I called the ICN office today at around 4pm (pacific standard time) and didn't know how to get an actual person on the line instead of a recorded message. Is there another phone number or a certain option I should choose?

          Thanks for your help.