Hi!!! new at the forum!! I found out i have IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!!! new at the forum!! I found out i have IC

Well i have been in pain off and on since March.. I have had a lot of stress this past year so i know it has brought this on. Dr. diagnosted me finally with IC last week.. He started me io elmiron on Thursday and he wants me to try it out with the urelle ( which i live by) for a week 1st.. I dont know if i had a flare up once i started the elmiron or if it was due to diet, but i have tried it now for4 days and i have had a lot of frequency. i am going ahead and start the visteril and tofranil? is this going to help sooner then the elmiron does?
    i am hoping that it does.. I also have vesicare an it works great on frequency,,but i want to try this 1st and hoping i dont need the vesicare but not sure if it will.. i have been on vesicare and urelle and when i am on both i have no problems at all just worried about being on urelle for a long time.. but right now .. all of this meds worry me..
    i see that you all are very supportive!!! i need all of you all.. i dont think others know how this feels but you all do.. please give me your advice.. scared to death that i am not going to be able to stay on this elmiron and i want to see improvement and know that i can get better with this..?? ADVICE!! Thanks Charlotte

to the IC Network.

Elmiron can take up to six months or longer to become effective so you'll want to try some other medications while you wait for the elmiron to kick in.

Sending healing thoughts,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am on hydroxizine and elmiron.... does take a long time to work! The hydroxizine seems to help though!! Dont forget the IC diet! If your not following it start!

I know how you feel FOR SURE I just had a bad flare last week. I am doing much better though now. It is scary, and horrifying!.. im just waiting to get better and better hopefully

Im very glad to help or give advice so please just private messege me if you need anything!!!

Jenn
      28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Hey I just found this. I ussually look for the really positive messeges and I dont focus or read the sad ones. Gives me hope too! This is from the elmiron for IC thread:

"I've been taking Elmiron since March, and honestly, I feel great. Some days, I don't even remember that I have IC. So, keep at it and stay positive. Good things come to those who wait. ;]"

Take care!

Goodluck and stay positive!

Jenn
        28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

thank you. for you support... it really
          means a lot..

Comment

Hi, when I was on Elmiron a few years ago..it helped a lot and didn't take long to work. I think it was two to four weeks and I felt better.
            Good luck!

Originally posted by char158 View Post
            Well i have been in pain off and on since March.. I have had a lot of stress this past year so i know it has brought this on. Dr. diagnosted me finally with IC last week.. He started me io elmiron on Thursday and he wants me to try it out with the urelle ( which i live by) for a week 1st.. I dont know if i had a flare up once i started the elmiron or if it was due to diet, but i have tried it now for4 days and i have had a lot of frequency. i am going ahead and start the visteril and tofranil? is this going to help sooner then the elmiron does?
            i am hoping that it does.. I also have vesicare an it works great on frequency,,but i want to try this 1st and hoping i dont need the vesicare but not sure if it will.. i have been on vesicare and urelle and when i am on both i have no problems at all just worried about being on urelle for a long time.. but right now .. all of this meds worry me..
            i see that you all are very supportive!!! i need all of you all.. i dont think others know how this feels but you all do.. please give me your advice.. scared to death that i am not going to be able to stay on this elmiron and i want to see improvement and know that i can get better with this..?? ADVICE!! Thanks Charlotte

Comment

Hi Charlotte,
              This is Adrien and I am new in this forum and just found this treat.
              I hope things are getting easy for you now. Keep updating us with your treatment and recovery.
              san antonio personal trainer

Comment

Working...
              X