Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My IC is treated by a urologist.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    My IC is managed at a multi-service clinic - my urologist prescribes my urological medicines (Ditropan, instillation meds & Elavil), my primary care doctor prescribes my pain medicine and muscle relaxants, and my gynecologist prescribes my birth control pills, estrogen patches (for the week off pill to prevent estrogen drop migraines with my period) and topical lidocaine (for vulvodynia flares I sometimes get with my IC). What's nice is that all my records are kept together & my doctors can consult with each other as needed. My PPO covers all the doctors & services at this clinic, and the copays are reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    Congratulations! That news may be enough to take your stress level down, and decrease your flares!

My IC is managed by both my gynocologist and a urologist. I don't see the uro very often, but I know he has discussed my case with my gyno, and they are both comfortable with my gyno handling my day-to-day care. It is much faster getting in to see my gyno!

Leave a comment:

• MissMal
    started a topic Good News on an Icky Tuesday

Good News on an Icky Tuesday

I just moved from Nashville, TN to Fort Wayne, IN and had to say good bye to my favorite gynecologist and favorite women's health practitioner ever! Luckily, my gynecologist actually had a colleague here in Fort Wayne and referred me to her.

It looks like I will be starting a new job soon and have been in some crazy flares, so I want to see someone before diving straight into a full time job. I called the office of the doctor I was referred to... to so see if she was comfortable treating IC. Not only does the nurse that answered the phone believe that she will be comfortable with it, BUT her husband is a urologist. She told me that if the doctor isn't comfortable with treating IC, that she will personally make sure I get into her husband's office before I start my new job!

Words cannot express how happy that makes me, because I've really been disappointed by some of my doctor's office staff employees.

What about everyone out there? Do you go to a urologist, gynecologist, or urogynecologist to treat your IC? I've mainly gone to urology offices for my IC, but I would prefer see someone that is more like my former gynecologist.
Working...
X