update on my five year old daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on my five year old daughter

Hello all and thanks for your messages of concern.

I took my daughter to my urologist (his specialty is pediatric urology fortunately)this week.

After reviewing symtoms and carefully checking for infections and other urinary system problems; he put her on the same medication I am on - Ditropan (only in syrup and lower dose)

He called it "secondary uriesis", being different from "normal" bedwetting and simple, slower neurodevelopment.

We dont know if she has IC, or will develop IC, or if the crazy things we tired over the years to control my lbadder caused MY IC - But she has obviously inherrited my bladder.

AND we know ditropan works for me, and hope it will help control her bladder enough so it will run normally.
    And keep it as healthy as possible for her life ahead.

I must be carefull with her and side effects (especially keeping her cool) but I am up to it!

Take care all
    NARIU

Sending you tons of prayers.....
    I have a 5 year old granddaughter (actually she is my step-granddaughter so I don't have any say in what is happening) and I am worried sick about her. She has so many of the exact same symptoms that I had as a child, including vaginal irritation. I can't get her mom to understand that there could be a physical problem and mom just insisted that my baby is just lazy and won't take the time to use the bathroom. Even tho when she is in public and wets herself she is very embarrassed. I have tried and tried and tried to make mom understand but it just is not working. It just breaks my heart that this little girl has to go thru this and she has no one to help her~especially since this is the exact same thing that I had to go thru as a child.
    I pray every day that she does not have this disease.
    tons of prayers for you and your daughter~
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD IT A LONG ROAD I KNOW BECAUSE I AM GOING THOUGH THE SAME THING WITH MY DAUGHTER SHE IS 7 AS OF JUNE 15TH.I'M SO UPSET BECAUSE IT TOOK ME 3 MONTH TO GET HER AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE URO AND WE WENT IN AND ALL HE DID WAS LOOK AT HER AND SAID HE WOULD RUN SOME TEST BUT IT WOULD BE ANOTHER 3 MONTH BEFORE I COULD GET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT AND HE IS THE ONLY P URO THAT MY INSUANCE WILL TAKE.
      I HAVE BEEN GIVING HER BENADRYL EVERYDAY AND IT REALLY SEEMS TO BE HELPING.
      I HOPE THE DITROPAN WORKS FOR YOU DAUGHTER AND AGAIN I WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE BOTH OF YOU.
      HUGS,
      KIM

TERI,
      I'M SO SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR GRANDCHILD I KNOW HOW IT IS WITH STEPDAUGHTERS,MY STEPDAUGHTER HAS A 5 MONTH OLD WHO HAS BRONCITUS AND A THROAT INFECTION AND SHE BROUGHT HIM OVER SUNDAY HE WAS SOOO SICK AND SHE WAS GOING TO PUT THIS BABY IN THE POOL WHICH WAS FREEZING COLD AND THEN AFTER I TOLD HER NO SHE GOT MAD AT ME AND KEEP HIM OUT IN THE HOT SUN ALL DAY.IT MADE ME SOOOO MAD.
      I WILL BE PRAYING THAT HER MOTHER WILL TAKE HER TO THE URO BECAUSE SHE NEEDS HELP.
      GOD BE WITH YOU,
      KIM

Comment

Kimmi--how I feel for you!! I also think my daughter has IC. She definatly inherited my bladder but that is another story. Maybe you can get answers --since you know about IC.DEMAND WHAT YOU THINK NEEDS TO BE DONE!! I took my daughter to all kinds of uro's and they never helped her--I was helpless because I didn't know about IC!!!!!! You have the info to get help for her and don't accept a brush off, please!!
        HUGS
        shel

Comment

Nariu--you also have the power and information to get the proper help for your daughter!! Like I told Kimmi --don't accept a brush off. I hope and pray the medicine works for her!
          HUGS
          shel

Comment

My daughter is 36 and had her first urethral surgery at 15. So yes they can have IC very early. She has lots of female problems now too. I feel bad I gave it to her. But someone in my family I feel had to have passed the gene to me. I worry about her still even at her age. I'm afraid her's will get as bad as mine. I am sending hugs to all of you and my prayers.

redstonebef

Comment

My mother sent me an e-mail expressing her releif and satisfaction that my daughter will not suffer as I did. I was hard on her to see me like I was.
              SO THANKFUL for good docs and medications, even though not all of them are good.

Comment

Nariu,

I am 17 and have had interstitial cystitis symptoms since I was 15 and was diagnosed a year later.

If there is anything I can do for you or your daughter, feel free to e-mail me anytime.

You are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Amanda
                ([email protected])

Comment

Working...
                X