X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jvr
    replied
    Hi Claire,

Try not to worry about passing IC on to your child. Maybe one thing to make you feel a little better is think of all the research and strides that will continue to be made. God forbid your child would ever have to deal with this, but they'd probably have more available to them at that point then we have now...:-)

Jill

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Originally posted by nanawaggs View Post
    Ok, Claire.....I don't fit your request, but just have to say you have such a cute profile pic here and you're gonna have to update it so we can see that little tummy!!!!! Congratulations and try not to worry too much. Just take one day at a time and enjoy each moment of your little one's life!!!

Also, congrats that your IC is giving you a break!!!

Blessings,
    Ginger
    Thanks Ginger. Find me on Facebook Claire Andersen, Sunshine Coast, Australia. I know the pic needs an update I just have none of my pictures on this computer at work and I never get time to go on the net at home!

11 weeks and my baby will be here

Leave a comment:

• nekura
    replied
    My grandmother had IC. My mom and her siblings never developed it, though they did have problems with legitimate UTIs, including her brother.

Leave a comment:

• nanawaggs
    replied
    Ok, Claire.....I don't fit your request, but just have to say you have such a cute profile pic here and you're gonna have to update it so we can see that little tummy!!!!! Congratulations and try not to worry too much. Just take one day at a time and enjoy each moment of your little one's life!!!

Also, congrats that your IC is giving you a break!!!

Blessings,
    Ginger

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied
    My brother has mild IC. None of my ancestors that I know of had it but had other things. My adult children do not but my D has complained about strong coffee on occassion. Oh oh.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I have had IC all my life, I have 3 grown children. None of them have it boys and girls. Nobody I am related to has it.

My Dr. believes I have an immunity problem, I have low immunity proven, and people who have what I have tend to get autoimmune disease's, which he thinks IC maybe, Unproven.

Theories so far.

My immunity problem comes from both of my parents having a reccesive gene that I had a 1 in 4 chance of getting, I was the lucky one my sibs din't get it.

Leave a comment:

• tierney
    replied
    While from my perspective, I do feel there is a genetic component to IC, having IC does not mean you will pass it on; I remember having symptoms of IC since I was young enough to ride in a car-seat, and I was finally diagnosed with IC at 12 years of age, but neither of my parents have IC. And there is no history of bladder problems in my family, so it is certainly not guaranteed your child will inherit IC.

There really is no sense in worry about something that has not only not happened yet, but is unlikely. Relax, and enjoy your pregnancy, Claire! Your baby does not need you to stress about something silly like this!
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• eyeliner128
    replied
    Family history is fascinating to me in studying different illnesses. It seems more likely that IC is gene-based, that is, some people have the gene switched ON and others switched OFF, independent of family history. I guess you could compare it to everyone in the world holding a flashlight, but only a small percent of those flashlights have the right batteries to turn on (so only a small percent of people have IC). This is just a theory, but an interesting one.

As far as three generations back, no one else in my family has IC except myself. My grandmother and my mother both had endometriosis, but I was the only child of a combined 6 who developed it.

Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Thanks guys, between me and hubby we don't have very good genes to pass on I hope she gets all the good and none of the bad!!

If she got vulvodynia I would be beside myself, it's very very hard at times!

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    My son doesn't have IC. I got pregnant 3 years after being diagnosed. He is only 4, but goes all night without peeing. He's been very good about this since he was 2 or 3. He's totally healthy. I had to be on pain killer during pregnancy and was more worried about that. It never crossed my mind that he'd get IC. I pray he never develops it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Hi- I have 2 adult children and I beleive that I had IC way, way back in the early 80's when I was in my 20's but not dx with it till I was 32. Anyway, my children born somewhere in that time frame are very healhy.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    started a topic Did anyones children NOT get IC?

Did anyones children NOT get IC?

Still very worried about this one. Every post I see about children with IC their mothers have IC.

Is there anyone out there who developed IC prior to having a family whos children DO NOT have IC?

Thanks!
Working...
X