Looking for help with IC Optimist article about children with IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help with IC Optimist article about children with IC

Hi, my name is Stacey and I'm a freelance journalist (and ICer) working on assignment for The IC Optimist magazine, the publication of the IC Network. I'm putting together an article for an upcoming issue about children with IC and am looking for people to talk with about this. If I can talk to a child, that's great, but I'm also completely fine in just talking with parents. We can talk over the phone, through e-mail or through private message on here -- whatever you're most comfortable with. I can also use a pseudonym if you'd prefer to remain anonymous.

In order to meet my deadline, I need to have all interviews completed by March 31. If you're interested in answering a few questions about your/your child's experiences with IC, reply here, send me a PM or e-mail me at stacey @ writtencreations.com.
    ~ Stacey

Re: Looking for help with IC Optimist article about children with IC

Hi there, Stacey. I understand you needed to meet a deadline of March 31st; I am not sure if you have received any feedback about children with IC, but if you are still seeking to talk to someone about childhood and IC, I was diagnosed with IC as a child, although I am now in my 20's. That is all I got! Haha. Sorry! Let me know if I can help in anyway; hopefully, you already found some kids to interview! Best wishes.
    Tierney
    Message me and add me http://facebook.com/tierneybrielle.

Diagnosed with IC at 12-years-old, but have had IC much longer, now 24-years-old - fibromyalgia (diasnosed 07/30/12) - CFS - migraines - diagnosed with myofascial pelvic pain syndrome in January of '12 - scoliosis since ~12-years-old & s/p spinal fusion (06/21/10) T10-L3 w/ metal implants & nerve damage - post laminectomy syndrome - lumbar spondylosis - mild dextroscoliosis now - menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea (both controlled) - IBS - chemical sensitivity - allergies - chronic nose bleeds - heartburn - rosacea - and that is just the relevant stuff

Do you have a question? Feel free to ask me anything; I am an open book!

I am not a medical authority; I do not offer medical advice. Talk to your doctor, and if you are not comfortable talking to your doctor, find another one. It is OK to advocate for yourself as well as not be satisfied with your doctor! You deserve the best medical care.

Comment

Hi, Tierney!

Thanks so much for responding. I haven't had much response for this, so the article has gotten pushed back. I'd love to talk with you. I will send you a PM and we can figure out how to best connect. Thanks again!
      ~ Stacey

Comment

My daughter is 6 and was diagnosed with IC about 8 months ago. Let me know if I can be of help.

Comment

Working...
        X