So Tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Tired...

Some days it seems worth it to have a career at McDonalds if it means I can skip class and just sleep. For some reason my pain multiplies everytime I lay down, or maybe I just notice it more, either way, it generally just sucks. I'm in my first term of my senior year, and I truly think if I was a sophmore or junior I'd just quit. I've come so far, I just can't walk away now. But between sleepless nights, ******* doctors who think I'm a drug addict, 20 page papers, 8:30 classes, and my limited diet, which basically includes lettuce and bread, I sometimes think I can't do any more. Does anyone else feel this way?

I do, I do, I do!!!

You pretty much nailed it...Yes, I feel the same way. I'm not in the exact same situation as you, but I work full-time and go to school part-time. I have 11 courses left. I keep thinking, it's just too close to bail out, but it might kill me first! I didn't take any classes this semester bec I was having some surgery and just knew I couldn't pull it off. I'm generally in bed by 9, but if I were taking classes, I wouldn't even be home until 9:30. I am at work by 7:15 Mon-Fri. I definitely understand where you're coming from. Oh, and did I mention I work with first graders? Yeah, definitely tired! All I can say to you is to take time off if you need to. College will still be there when you feel ready. I KNOW it's not an easy decision, but your health comes first! Hang in there....

Mackie

Comment

I know how you feel. I was a second year Ph.D. student when IC started ruining my life. I was hating life and kept praying that a lightnening would kill me (or a car crash) so I did not have to do it myself. I thought about quitting the program I was in and become a cashier, hair dresser, anything that did not require a doctorate. I lived on all kinds of pain killers, cuddled with my hot pad several hours a day, lived pretty much without a social life for years. Anyhow, I managed to graduate from the program and got my doctorate. It took longer than I planned though. My IC is more managable now with DMSO treatments. My point is that please donot quit. You have come this far. Is there a way to decrease your class load? Taking less classes per semester (or quarter)? It may take longer but it may be worth trying it. Come to this board and vent if it helps.

Minnie

Comment

Working...
      X