First day of summer classes...in pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of summer classes...in pain

I started my Anatomy/Physiology II summer class today. I just had a Lap. done on friday, so I was pretty uncomfortable. It is already bad enough that I am taking a hard course in 6 weeks, but the professor told us today that he would be gone one of the weeks of class. That means we are now cramming a whole semester into 5 weeks....oh boy this is going to be fun. I am feeling quite sick right now, I think I am catching something on top of all of this. Hope everyone does well this summer, and if you aren't taking classes, ENJOY it!!!!

Alisha

Alisha,

i just graduated as an RN. I took Microbiology during the 5 week summer course. IT SUCKED! But I was glad to have it overwith. Most of the time they take out some of the material and just focus on the most important, most of my summer instructors also gave 1 take home test. i hope your does to. Good Luck. Keep the faith and you'll do fine. If you need any help let me know. I may be able to remember.

wishin you luck,
    Kenzy

Comment

Thanks Kenzi...what type of nursing are you planning to do....i.e. ER, Dr. office, or pediatrics. I can't wait to get the R.N. after my name. Nursing is such a wonderful profession and it makes me feel so great to help others. I was almost thinking of working in urology just because of IC so I can make these damn dr.'s understand IC and help IC patients as well. Urology just doesn't fascinate me as much as emergency medicine.

Hugs,
      Alisha

Comment

Alisha,

I just got my first real job as an RN. Actually it's a new grad RN position. I'm waiting for my papers to take my state boards. It's in med/surg. It is a very big hospital and most floors are seperated into 2 units. I'm on the orthopedic/medsurg floor, but i don't have ortho patients it's all medsurg. I want to do the ER to but most hospitals don't hire new grads in the ER. I also like OB, but med-surg gives you a solid ground then I'm going to pick my speciality field. Yes, it was such a releif to finally graduate. There is such a wonderful feeling when you finally get that nursing pin and get this....people calling you for jobs. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. When you do graduate go to monsters.com and put in a resume, that's what i did and i have had calls from everywhere. Keep in touch and let me know how it's going.

Kenzy

Comment

Sorry you're feeling so poorly. Hope you feel better soon.

grouphug grouphug

Alexa
          My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

Working...
          X