No announcement yet.

Thumbs down for IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Katie, I know that elmrion takes a long time to work. I am on darvcoet for pain but if the flares get too bad, I know that I can something stronger from my uro. Neurotin has helped me tremoudnsly. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I will be praying for you. There is life with ic and please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
    Hang in there , There is hope.
    There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Hi Katie, you are not a whiner, we all know what IC can do to us, it makes you just want to throw something at times, I know I did at first, but like you said with a great place like this to come to, it makes a big, big difference on your outlook on life. I nearly always try and check in at least once a day to see how my brothers and sisters are doing here in the family, the only time I do not, is when my computer throws a tantrum, and then I want to throw that out of the window along with my IC. cussing take care and see you on the boards, all the best and hugs Iris hi grouphug
      Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

This can seem like kind of hard-hearted advice but when I was a teen with IC I took it and I m glad. I was a really drill seargent to myself! If I said, "I can't get out of bed", that hard side of me would answer right back, "shut up and get up, there are people in this world in more pain than you". Let me tell you why I recommend this...Humans have no MEMORY of pain (that is why we get pregnant more than once, heh, heh). To explain, an example...
        When I was 15, I went to see Pink Floyd on their last great tour, in a big 'ol stadium in Philly. (OK, I am OLD!!!). For you young people who do not know, no one could put on a show like Floyd. One of the most awesome experiences a child of the '70's or '80's could have had! Anyway, I went with my boyfriend of the moment and man oh man, was I in some serious PAIN!! I must have spent half my time looking for a bathroom and the other half just whining. In the midst of this, of couse, I also watched the concert. Anyway, the boyfriend got dumped for the scruffy little high school freshman who later became my husband, and life went on. about 10 years later my husband and I went to lunch with that old boyfriend. The Floyd concert came up and I couldn't say enough about it: "Man, was that awesome! one of the best experiences of my teenage years!" My 'ex' was puzzled: "but you were miserable during that concert". At first this surprised me, then I remembered my conduct. But the fact is, I had NO memory of the pain. Only of the sights and sounds, the SHOW. I am SO glad I went and suffered through it! By the time I felt better and could have gone without physical suffering, there WAS no Pink Floyd. You are very young, so please continue to have experiences that will give you a lifetime of memories. You can go out, suffer, and make a life for yourself, or stay in, suffer, and have very vivid memories of your bedroom ceiling. God bless you. --K.

Comment

Grinch -- just wondering how you're doing. Sorry I haven't been around much lately and missed your post earlier, but just wanted to see how you're doing. Hope things are better grouphug grouphug

Alexa
          My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

I hope you feel better soon. Lots of hugs and love.

grouphug
            "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it"

Read my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melissa.html

Comment

Working...
            X