No announcement yet.

So what is going on Teenagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have a sinus infection ...but I didn't have a uti. well this doctor up me on Ciproxr at 500mg, two a day plus another antibiotic that I don't have the bottle but he wants me to take 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening each pill is 250 mg. so he wants me to take 2,500 mgs of antib. I hope I don't get a yeast infection. I'm happy it's working for you. I'm pretty drugged out.

Please Marissa, don't stop taking your meds, sometimes I wish I didn't stop. It wasn't a good idea, i'm going to thailand this summer and my ic is so not undercontrol. I'm hoping next week my urologist has some new good ideas...so I will be ready to go. I hope I hope I hope...shooot it's scaring me. I just don't know what to ask her about??? any ideas??? I hope everything is going good for you, I emailed you but I wasn't sure it went to your junk mail??

Love,
    Last edited by Kiyoka; 04-01-2004, 06:42 AM.
    Kiyoka

Comment

I guess I'm lucky compared to you guys... I've always had a high tolerance for medications, so I haven't had a problem being heavily medicated since I was diagnosed with IC. Even though most of the time it feels like the drugs aren't working, I definately notice a difference when I stop taking them. My doctor doesn't always know what to do for me, especially when I call and whine that it hurts. Sometimes they are at a complete loss and I don't know what my options are other than more meds. But I'm trying to live as best I can with what I've got.

Tell me what exactly the Interstim does for you and what symptoms it has helped with. I'd like to know more about it to see whether or not it may be able to help me with my IC. Thanks a ton and let us know how life's been working for ya!!

~mel~
      Life is just a cycle of brilliance and blues. I can't help it if I'm stuck in brilliance.. hehe

Comment

Hey Kiyoka, it's been a while since I've been online. I just got your e-mail and wrote you back
        I'm sorry about your sinus infection. I hate those. I hope you start to feel better soon!! I was just about to ask you if taking ciprox gives you yeast infections when I read this post. Ive been getting yeast infections constantly since Ive had IC and they always make my IC act up a lot worse. I don't think Ill stop taking my meds anytime soon. Sadly I think I'm kind my body's kind of addicted to them since I've taken most of them for about a year to two years and it would be too big of a change to quit now.

Mel,
        Interstim mainly just cut my frequency in half. I had to do journals for a before and after thing, and before I was going about 30-40 times a day. And then during my trial I cut down to about 10-20 times a day. I don't think it really works for pain personally. My pain has been a little bit less since Ive had Interstim but I think thats just more due to the fact that I'm urinating less and can sleep better through the nights. Are you thinking about trying it? What are your main IC symptoms? The doctor says it works for retention, but I don't see how because my retention definetly worsed after I had interstim. Good luck if you decide to try Interstim.

Love,
        Marissa

Comment

Marissa!!

Hey girlie. It's good to hear from you. My symptoms vary greatly from nothing to throwing things. hehe When I was first diagnosed, I had urgency and frequency and that was it. Now I'm having pain continually and urgency, but not as much as when I was first diagnosed. The pain is what really is bothering me. I've never had to deal with chronic pain and it's really wearing me down. I have a tendency to think that I may never be normal again!! hehe But I try really hard to stay healthy and not eat what I shouldn't. My biggest symptom is pain though. It's just a constant, dull ache most of the time, but sometimes it can be sharp and just make me want to scream. ACK! Although, I've been able to maintain my cheery disposition. ~mel~
          Life is just a cycle of brilliance and blues. I can't help it if I'm stuck in brilliance.. hehe

Comment

Working...
          X