No announcement yet.

Prom: Did I Miss The Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok kuntrygurl - if you're brave enough share, I'm brave enough to share, lol!!

First 2 are Junior year - 1986

These 2 are Senior year - 1987 (the bow was low on the back, not the "make-your-butt-look-huge-kind-of-bow", it was cool....lol, in silver lame`)

Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

My '89 prom and CAP dance photo

I love the dresses. Very pretty. I remember the crinoline severely ruined my hose, too. It was a mess! Hopefully I uploaded a link to my pictures. If this works, the blue dress is from prom and the cream dress -- my favorite! -- is from a Civil Air Patrol dance. Check out the hair.

I had a flash back that I will share. Embarassing story. It's 9th grade and I'm going to my first real high school dance with a boy who'd been my boyfriend for a short time. It was his band prom. My dress was supposed to have been altered to fit close on top since I had no chest to speak of. Instead, the shoulders were tight, but the rest was loose. No amount of standing up straight would have totally made me comfortable. We went with another couple, and the girl tried to help me by pinning the material together -- handfuls of material -- in the middle. I was so tense I ate cheesecake while my date and the other couple had dinner. At the dance, our tables were on platforms/risers and ours was at the top. I was sitting up there at the table on the very top one and a girl asked me to move a bit to let her in or out. I moved and my chair and me went down, down, down to the bottom. I landed on my back and laughed liked crazy at the absurdity. My boyfriend at the time was not happy with the girl, who was so upset about the whole thing. It helped me get over myself though.

Ah, the memories...
      Attached Files
      Blessings, Susan

IC -- August 2006 Dx cysto w/ hydro. Treatment: Prosed DS as needed, Prelief, Elmiron 100 mg in morning/ 200 mg. at night before bed, hydroxyzine 25 mg at night

Vulvar Vestibulitis -- Dx February 2007

Migraine -- started 1985-89, progressed in 2002 and worsened at end of 2006 with onset of TMJ disfunction.

TMJ Disfunction --clenching/grinding my teeth at night. Dx December 2006

Fibromyalgia -- Dx April 2008

Mild depression/anxiety disorder
      (Not completely cured, but on-so-much better. :woohoo

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold." (Job 23:10 NIV)

Comment

ok I will Share as well. YEs the one standing really is a guy, you know the 80's hair went for both.
        My sophmore year his Senor year 1988
        [IMG][/IMG]

My Junior prom 1989
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

OMG Susan, lol, that would have been mortifying! But you did what I would have done, just laughed my behind off - what else you gonna do right? Oh yeah, what memories...LOL And I think you and I had the same person altering our dresses!!!!!

Leslie - love the dresses, you look great!! That red is FABULOUS! I had wanted a red one similar to the style of my teal one for Jr year, but it was already on hold for someone else, I got to try it on for the size etc. Oh it was great.... and I LOVE his hair - ah, takes me back... He looks like a guy I went to school with, lol!!!

FUN Stuff!!!
          Hugs,
          Tracey
          How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
          IC dx'd Nov 2004
          Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
          Possible IBS
          Current IC Meds
          Vistaril 25mg in the evening
          Previous IC Meds taken:
          Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
          Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
          Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
          Others:
          Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
          Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
          Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
          Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Sam and I actually met at prom. He went with my best friend, and I went on a blind date. Six years later and we're married.
            Our Story

Comment

hmmm... i went to prom in 2004, and for me it's like you said. Overated!!! I went with a guy who i had been seeing my entire senior year... however he cheated on my on our weekend after prom. What a jerk, I caught him in a room with this girl I hated. Augh what a loser. But anyway.. It's nice to get dressed up and look amazing but besides that its just a dance with lots of food and pictures. Prom was mostly about afterwards, PARTY WEEKEND! Boy was I wasted that weekend. I had fun with friends and tried to get over the drama that happened with that supid boy.
              I think prom gets build up sooo much in everygirls mind that when it happens, its a let down. I did the same thing, i thought it was going to be magical too... but it turned out to be just a dance. A Little hard to dance in the dress I had... aqua mermaid dress with beads all over it with a long train, It was nice for pictures and then a pain in the butt to dance in. LOL didnt think much of that when i bought it. durrrrr lol
              ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
              Love like you've never been hurt
              Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

You did miss the point- the point of your senior prom is to have one last fun night and get together with everyone at your school and all your friends!

Comment

Proms

Well, I don't know if anyone would be interested in this one since compared to all of you, I'm quite ancient. We had a prom for sophmores, Juniors, and Seniors. I attended my first "prom" as a sophmore. I think it's the people that make the prom--it's you and your boyfriend. If there are sparks flying before the prom, then sparks will fly during and after. It's the part of getting dressed up and seeing one another and others in a differnt "light" so to speak.
                  My stepmother made me a red chiffon and tafeta formal (this was back in 1963) and I had red satin shoes to match. I wore Chanel No. 5 cologne which was considered a very coveted item. My boyfriend looked quite handsome in his suit. But part of the excitement was that it was just the beginning of a "romance", we wern't that familiar with one another. There was still the excitement of mystery. True it's the atmosphere that can be intoxicating, but it's mostly the people that make the party. WE double-dated and were out on our own, in HIS car, at 15 and 16. It was an exciting introduction into the burgeoning adult world. Simple things were more fun back then, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X