Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    An office cystoscopy doesn't usually require you to be asleep. It's VERY important that you relax as much as possible --- the more relaxed you are, the less discomfort.

A cystoscopy with hydrodistention does require anesthesia --- it's almost always done in either a hospital operating room or a surgery center. My last ones were done in a surgery center and went very well.

Sending encouraging thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• ninatorres
    replied
    and yeah, try to be calm and not move..i moved a lot and doctor got pretty frustrated cause it can damage the bladder i guess

Leave a comment:

• ninatorres
    replied
    they didn't put me under anesthesia, unfortunately but i think it's also possible to be done under anesthesia, maybe they'll put you?..anyway, good luck..with overall patients, it shouldn't be painful, just a bit uncomfortable, but i don't know why it was so bad for me

Leave a comment:

• too_young
    replied
    Im going to probably be having a cystoscopy soon and im just wondering if you are put under some type of anesthesia? Im a little worried

Yay!! Im finally 17:woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• ninatorres
    replied
    it was awful. the doctor also mentioned that he hasn't seen anyone in that much pain during a cystoscopy before..now it's really painful to pee..it wasn't that bad after the urodynamics..i was wondering, how long does it last? and what to do to make it pass quicker?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Try to relax as much as possible. If you can manage to do that, it will be much easier.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ninatorres
    started a topic cystoscopy

cystoscopy

finally having cystoscopy tomorrow. and cause urodynamics was such a torture, i'm pretty nervous. but hopefully i'll finally get a diagnosis! wish me luck. during urodynamics i almost fainted
Working...
X