Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety.

Hi,
    As you probably already know, I was diagnosed with IC as a 17 year old still in high school. For me, it's extremely tough sometimes because I'm constantly going to the bathroom in school. I've adapted a form of high anxiety thanks to IC.

For young, diagnosed IC patients out there, do you struggle with anxiety as a highschooler? Typically if I'm having anxiety, I have an anxiety attack prior to a class and it causes me to basically avoid going. Sometimes it's so bad that I miss more than a day..

It's really upsetting to me because I used to be this bubbly person who enjoyed learning and going to class and now IC has basically caused me to hide in shame because I'm just that student who 'goes to the bathroom a lot.'

I'd like to hear any type of anxiety-IC related stories, so maybe I can learn to cope with my anxiety. Thanks!
    Elmiron- 3x a day
    VesiCare- once a day
    Ibuprofen- 2 pills once a day
    Lexapro(liquid)- 4 tbs. once a day

I'm 18 years old and am living my life to the fullest no matter what obstacles try to stop me. I'm going to college in the fall for Dental Hygiene!!

maybe getting on a anti anxiety med would help you? I was in remission for 4 yrs and then when I got a flare that wouldn't go away I started having severe panic attacks every single morning. It got so bad that I felt I needed medical intervention. They put me on the generic form of Celexa and within 3 weeks, I felt alot better. Good luck!
    symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
    *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
    100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
    Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
    Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
    Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
    My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

I spent my second semester of my sophomore year on homebound study due to depression. I was able to return to a different school my junior year and I ended up graduating when I had seriously considered going for my GED so I would never have to go back to school. Have you tried speaking with a guidance counselor or seeing a therapist outside of school? Homebound study for a few weeks or even a few months until you get your IC under control might be a good option for you.

Comment

I have been taking hydroxyzine since September 2011.. And just recently the dosage was upped.. So I'll definitely give it some time.

I've heard a lot about Celexea.. It's also been suggested to me. Does it really help??
        Elmiron- 3x a day
        VesiCare- once a day

I'm 18 years old and am living my life to the fullest no matter what obstacles try to stop me. I'm going to college in the fall for Dental Hygiene!!

Comment

@Stella.. I am currently seeing a wonderful therapist. Also, I'm the type of student who gets good grades and is well liked. Because of IC, this has changed the way I view school. I'm confident I don't need a home schooling program but perhaps a tutor. Thanks for all the great information!
          Elmiron- 3x a day
          VesiCare- once a day

Comment

Working...
          X