X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyeliner128
    replied
    Reply-

I'm very sorry to hear you're having these problems. I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with that feeling of always having to go, never feeling like your bladder is actually empty. It can drive a person CRAZY!

I usually have to wait it out, because not many medications help. It does help to lay on my side or my back, and some sleeping aids/muscle relaxers are good at night time, but neither of these remedies would work at school. There's always the option of homeschooling if it gets too much to handle.

The best advice I can give is to talk with your doctor about if it would be good to begin taking muscle relaxers in low doses every day, to train your pelvic floor to relax enough to allow your bladder to empty. I was put on 2mg of Valium twice a day, and after about six months I noticed alot of improvement. My symptoms of urgency and frequency haven't gone away completely, but they are much less severe.

Leave a comment:

• rpinion1
    replied
    IC sister of yours.

I know how you feel... I did hospital home-bound schooling all through high school, talk to your counslers and see if they can help, you stay at home and twice a week a tutor comes in with all your assignments for maybe 2-3 hours. I found i did better with my grades to having the one on one time and graduated 3 months before my class did. The other great thing about it is that you are still a registered student in you high school and get to walk a graduation. you will need doctors approval though. Now my challenge has moved from school to work and i find myself constantly in pain, I've lost 3 jobs in the past 6 months, the burning puts me in tears as I try to medel through my shift. it so frustrating your not alone

And if you ever need to vent about it feel free to IM me I uderstand more than you know.

Leave a comment:

• cocoanemo11
    started a topic IC in school

IC in school

In the beginning of the school year (September 2011) my symptoms of IC really started to decrease and I was making it to all my classes without any problems. January 2012 hit and things completely changed.. I'm peeing constantly, spending more time on the toilet, not feeling relieved, etc. Why do I feel worse in school? I mean, all my teachers know and understand.. I just am so anxious when I feel this way..
Working...
X