X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by cocoanemo11 View Post
    Thank you so much.. Truly. You're the kind of person who inspires me and can change my outlook on this whole thing. I really appreciate it.

Perhaps I'll try aleve... And give the Elmiron more time.

For my bladder instillation I apparently had heparin, lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and some other fancy word I cannot remember.
    Ha no problem! And thank you. I have to give myself that pep talk every once in a while too.

Hmm...I have never had sodium bicarbonate, and I might of had lidocaine. I have had heparin instilled though! Just curious. I hope you gets you some relief from the instillation sometime soon. Don't be afraid. Good things do happen!

Leave a comment:

• TexasHoney
    replied
    I hope you get some relief soon.

Hang In There

Leave a comment:

• cocoanemo11
    replied
    Thank you so much.. Truly. You're the kind of person who inspires me and can change my outlook on this whole thing. I really appreciate it.

Perhaps I'll try aleve... And give the Elmiron more time.

For my bladder instillation I apparently had heparin, lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate, and some other fancy word I cannot remember.

Leave a comment:

• tierney
    replied
    Sorry

Originally posted by irfran View Post
    I don't know how long you've been on Elmiron but it takes 6 months or longer to work.

I did notice you are taking ibuprofren and it is a trigger for many of us. Is it possible that you might be able to stop taking it for awhile to see if it helps you?

I agree IC is miserable.
    I agree with irfran, and I was going to say just what ChrisNes said. Aleve is also an NSAID, and because Ibuprofen tends to be so problematic, I would try and switch. And yes, the minimum amount of time it takes Elmiron to be effective is 6 months. So you kind of just have to wait it out, and see if it works because you have to try the less invasive and less dangerous treatments first. Stick with the Elmiron; you could really benefit from it. Also, it can take up to two months to recover from a cysto and hydro; it usually takes me two weeks. What did you have instilled?

I am sorry this is happening to you. And I know, this is interfering with everything in your life, but you cannot keep thinking this is unfair because it will drive you bananas. No, you do not deserve to suffer like this, but you have to look at IC in a positive way. IC is a gift. It will make you tougher and more appreciative. It is not a punishment. IC is your opportunity to become stronger. You can be a victim, or you can take this opportunity and become stronger! And IC patients are the toughest people I know! Hold you head up, and stay strong, girl!

Leave a comment:

• cocoanemo11
    replied
    I mean, I feel the ibuprofen actually helps me. Without it, I feel like 'naked' cause it just reduces the frequency and urge. But it doesn't last me the whole day.

Leave a comment:

• irfran
    replied
    Although you might be okay with ibuprofren and Aleve, I would advise caution with both. They both have the potential to cause problems.

I believe I have read that some of us are okay with anti-inflammatory drugs and some of us can't take them.

If I am wrong about the above information, please feel free to chime in and correct me. I am by no means as knowledgeable as many on here.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisNes
    replied
    drink lots of water

I would quit the Ibu and try Aleve. Drink lots of water when ever taking any type of medicine. Water helps the IC bladder so drink lots.

Leave a comment:

• cocoanemo11
    replied
    I've been on Elmiron for about 2 weeks.. I take it 3 times a day.

As for ibuprofen, I started taking that every morning over the summer because it helped me get through days.. When I was first put on Elmiron, I stopped taking ibuprofen.. But I had bad period cramps so I took some and I felt suriprisingly relieved of my IC symptoms. However, that feeling only lasted a day. But I think I benefit from ibuprofen as it is an anti inflammatory drug.

But who really knows? It'd be so much easier if we could look into our bodies and see what's really going on when we eat trigger foods.
    Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• irfran
    replied
    I don't know how long you've been on Elmiron but it takes 6 months or longer to work.

I did notice you are taking ibuprofren and it is a trigger for many of us. Is it possible that you might be able to stop taking it for awhile to see if it helps you?

I agree IC is miserable.

Leave a comment:

• cocoanemo11
    started a topic Not doing so well

Not doing so well

In the beginning of January, I noticed my symptoms started rising again so I went in for a bladder hydrodistention and a bladder instillation. That procedure was exactly two weeks ago.. So.. Here I am now, having extremely uncomfortable and frustrating symptoms which are effecting my social life, school life, and overall living..

I take Elmiron, Ibuprofen, VesiCare, and Hydroxyzine. But throughout my day at school I always have the urges, never feel relieved, and usually it's not a very strong stream..

Why am I feeling like this? I hate IC.. it's ruining everything in my life. I wish nobody had this stupid disease/condition because it's totally unfair. Who deserves to be stuck on a toilet their whole life?
Working...
X