IC controls my future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC controls my future

I'm 18 years of age, and have been recently diagnosed with IC. I searched for a diagnosis for two years, losing a chance to have a normal high school experience. Most of my friends have disappeared since I became sick, and I'm feeling the complete isolation chronic pain can bring. I fear I may not be able to go to college because of how much the condition runs my life. The pain is mostly moderate to intense, keeping me from doing things I used to do, like take jogs or go on camping trips.

My boyfriend and my brother are my best supports, but frankly.. I need someone who can relate. I used to be a social butterfly, but now I rarely am seen outside my home.

I need help and support. I don't have much hope for college. My plan is to move to Seattle with my boyfriend, because my family is only increasing the stress on my body. However, I don't know what kind of job or degree I can get.

Advice and support is greatly appreciated.

Adalee

Have you looked into online classes? If nothing else you could take your pre-reqs online and if youre feeling better after that (and i have faith that you will at the least have figured out how to control/relieve your symptoms) you can transfer to classroom instruction.

Before you make any drastic moves sit down and weigh the pros and cons. Sometimes the grass isnt always greener.

Are you taking any medications (ex: elavil, Elmiron, enablex, antihistamine, overactive meds, etc)? Also, some patients find some relief by altering their diet to the IC guidelines.

Just a few suggestions. Im sure others will be by to offer their thoughts as well.

Wishing you well....
    Diana
    (\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Hi my name is Katy and I am a 16 year old living with IC. Im from the Seattle area actually! It has ruined my high school experience. I miss school all the time and just recently switched to online classes. I am worried like you are too about being able to go to college. I dont want to give up and let the pain run my life but its so hard because IT IS. I'm on Vicodin 24/7. I dont know how I will hold down a job when I can go a few days feeling decent then two days later be on the floor crying in agonizing pain. I wish I had someone to relate to my age that lived near me but unfortanately it isn't very common in teens. I have become depressed but I still have hope. Hope is the only thing keeping me going, hope that this wont ruin my life. Im here for you. Please stay strong! You aren't alone
      Katy

Comment

Working...
      X