18 with IC, IBS, and VV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 with IC, IBS, and VV

I was just curious how do most teens deal with chronic illnesses ? Am I the only one who tries to hide inside and pushed everybody away ? I feel my old friends didn't understand what I was going through and they always made me feel bad about being sick . I also feel like my guy friends are more understanding than my friends who are females which is strange to me. I slipped into depression again and it seems to make my symptoms worse, but I can't seem to help it because I see everybody else around me having fun. I'm usually the fun and outgoing person in the group and the one that cheers everyone up. I just can't seem to cheer myself up no matter how hard I try to be positive I keep falling into a dark space . Any advice ?

Re: 18 with IC, IBS, and VV

HI Breial and welcome. I'm older so can't comment directly as a teen but wanted to welcome you. ar you on any forums for teens with illnesses? that might be helpful as well as IC forums. also support groups, or a good therapist so that you get a good space to share.
    curious what VV is? not sure what that stands for...
    take care!

Comment

See your doctor and find some answers and meds or exercise that work for you. Teen years are hard enough with out having to deal with these issues, you will find something that helps and you will have your life back!!! keep the Faith.
      Have had symptoms since March 2010
      Have tried: Ditropan, Detrol, Aloe Vera, Uribel, Myrbetriq, Vesicare, others I can't remember
      Diagnosed Jan 2016, with cysto/hydro,(no hunners) worked great for 4 months, another hydro in July
      I just started drinking Aloe again and taking hemp oil which is getting great reviews!!
      25mg hydroxyzine before bed,
      25(was on 50) mg Elavil before bed, now on 400mg Elmiron, since about Sept.
      valium suppositories when needed
      Ambien before bed
      for a CURE,

Comment

VV stands for vulvar vestubulitis or vulvodynia. I have both .

Comment

I wondered it it was...have you ever checked out low oxalate diet? it helps some people with VV and as i'm discovering with IC... there's a good Facebook group called trying low oxalates. it is hard work at first as you have to measure amounts of food, figure out mg of oxalates in them and then slowly reduce your oxalates over a day. maybe worth looking into. i've definitely read about oxalates for vulvodynia before, though can't remember where...

Comment

My doctor doesn't really think I need anything for my ic . She mainly focuses on my painful periods . I plan on finding a doctor who specializes in IC so I can get more help.

Comment

I'll look into it . I'm trying the IC diet but it's hard to stick to especially being in college and having to eat on campus .

Comment

once you get cooking for yourself it's definitely easier. i guess it depends on how bad your IC and you VV are...only you can judge. unfortunately most doctors focus just on the meds, i'm lucky in that my urologist immediately thought outside the box...but he's rare

Comment

DIET DIET DIET! Of utmost importance. And love yourself - you need to take care of you. Also, keep azzo uti test strips on hand always - just in case you may have a bladder infection and think its IC. You'll be all right honey

Comment

Can there be endometrosis, when you have painful periods?

Comment

Yes , that's what I initially was being checked for but instead they found ic , polyps and an ovarian cyst .

Comment

Oh. Sad. (I mean, sad they found so much more..)

Comment

Working...
                        X