as you can tell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as you can tell...

I am not male.. But I have a friend that is in need of speaking to other males about his pain.. I would really appreciate a response of any kind.. I would really like to help him.. so if you would... help me... thank you

Sure, have him contact me via these boards, private message or at my e-mail address, [email protected] My name is Mark Murphy, have had classical IC w/ Hunner's ulcers for going on 5 years now, am 38, married, and I have a 3 year old daughter. I am enrolled in a pain management program with good results and would heartily recommend it to your friend. Once you get the pain under control then you can begin to handle everything else in your life. I'd give you a phone number but I am also hearing impaired and don't converse well on the phone, but don't hesitate to contact me by other means. Hope your friend gets to feeling better soon.

Comment

Add me on the list. I suffer with IC, IBS, and fibro. I'm a single father raising 2 wonderful daughters alone. My email is

[email protected]

Send private message anytime too. I also run a recover program at my church.

Breck
      "His strength is made perfect in my weakness"

Comment

I also suffer from IC for the last two years and am a single 32 male currently working on a relationship. You friend may also contact me at [email protected]

hankcanada

Comment

Having been told you have Uretha syndrome? The Dr. wants to do that thing where they stretch it to take pressure off. Anyone have this done and does it work? I think I have IC but the Dr. wants to do this? I am nervous???? Not sure I need to do this. Can anyone reply to my question?
          In need of help soon!!!!!!

Comment

Having been told you have Uretha syndrome? The Dr. wants to do that thing where they stretch it to take pressure off. Anyone have this done and does it work? I think I have IC but the Dr. wants to do this? I am nervous???? Not sure I need to do this. Can anyone reply to my question?
            In need of help soon!!!!!!

Comment

I was incorrectly diagnosed with urethra syndrome in 1992. I went through a series of very painful urethral dilations. The Uro I was seeing at the time told me to continue with the dilations(stretching) and it should improve. I decided I was tired of the barbaric procedure and sought treatment elsewhere. I was correctly diagnosed with IC in 1995. Personally, if I had it to do over again I would have gotten a second opinion first. I would have not had the urethral dilations which ultimately caused me more damage because of the scare tissue that formed from the procedures. I would most definitely have the cysto/hydro and let them rule out IC before I settled for a diagnosis of uretha syndrome. I personally think it is a cop out for urologists that still don't believe IC is real.

I hope that this helps,

Lisa
              "The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." Victor Hugo

Comment

Lisa, I feel exactly as you do a cop out for doctors who don't understand IC. The woman I have known having constant urethral dialations, were worse for it. It is brbaric if you have IC and that is the real issue not the urethra, which oftern the two are confused. I read an article by a doctor years ago begging woman not to allow it to be done needlessly, the more stretching the more adhesions the more stretching is needed. It becomes a vicious circle and my friend suffered so because of it. I'm glad I said no till my IC was diagnosed. Carol
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Carol~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." --Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                X