No announcement yet.

is there any other man out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I was just diagnosed with IC two weeks ago. I guess I was kind of relieved to actually know that they had a name for this. I kind of had this feeling of urgency and needing to go all the time, since I was little, when I was little I would leave a urine bottle upstairs to have so I would not walk downstairs 5-6 times a night. In December I graduated from College, thank goodness, I had to be addmitted into the emergency room, becouse I had the worst pain ever in my life, thier conclusion , was that I had a kidneystone, that was about to pass. a couple days later I believe I did pass one, I think cause when I was peeing I thought I saw a little pepple come out, So I was better. went back to school I would sweat and just feel uncomfortable the whole class day I would constantly go to the bathroom. Luckily I did graduate from college with all my problems. A couple months ago it got worse, I I could not go to the bathroom I would have to push to urinate, and only a little would come out I could not stand it any longer, so I went to see another urologist and he said I had a small stricture blocking the urine to come out and that they would have to go in to cut it, during the surgery they talked to my wife and told her they had to stretch out my bladder, becouse it was not quite large enough to hold anything, and that my bladder was bleeding so they stretch out my bladder, that was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Now I am on Elmiron and pyridium plus, I also take some sleeping pills to help me sleep. So far I had not had any problem. everynow I get an urgency, that lasts an hour then its gone, other that that I don't feel the need to go all the time and I had not ever had the feeling before it feels great , I just hope it does not get worse I feel good I hope you guys are doing good. I am 25 years old and on my way to become a teacher I hope this does not couse a problem anymore. I drink lots of water with AloeVera juice and hydrogen peroxcide, I figure if the aloVera plant heals your outside wounds, why not the inside of the bladder, The only thing I did not experience all the time was the pain, only that one time with the kidney stone, this is my little information to you guys, I have asthma, and allergic to pine, some allergies, my asthma does not bother me all the time, I might use it twice a day. This is my story Thank you zachary

------------------

Comment

Daniel, I posted a message for you under "Other Related Conditions" about Guai.
      Kat

Comment

haven't figured out how to do this board thing yet 10 yrs of ic as a male and think I've run into less than 25 other males would like support from any ic'ers
        ouch e- add. is [email protected]
        ouch

Comment

I'm a young fellow in mid 20s from Europe and was about a half year ago diagnosed with IC. I have no previous history with any urinary problems but have had kidney stones several times and think IC is in some way related to it and to my bowel problems. Everything in my life would be great if I hadn't get this damn curse. I'm sometimes really desperate and I'm about to receive IC medication quite soon, which I'm really waiting forward to it. It's just so damn difficult and slow in my country to get the treatment I want and need. I'm really afraid that my life won't ever be normal again, but I still hope that I can get better with the medication or time and to be able to keep my job and in some day be able to enjoy life again.

Comment

Mark,

A little over a week ago, i received a confirmed diagnosis that i have I.C. It took me nearly 12 yrs. The pain, urgency & frequency really take a toll on me.

Comment

Mark,

I recently received a diagnosis of having I.C. I have had the condtion for over 12 yrs. Lots of pain in the rectal & bladder region & all over the pelvic area. Urgency & frequency too. I hope with medication, that there will be an improvement. How did your condition begin? Would really like to hear from you.

Comment

Mark,

I was recently diagnosed with I.C. I have pain, urgency & frequency & discomfort throughout the pelvic floor. This has been going on for over 12 yrs. My hope that with medication, & watching the foods i eat things will improve.

Comment

Mark - I live in Port Richey & I am going to be taking over our local support group at the Urology Health Center, is that where you go?
                  Anyway, I'll let you know about our next meeting as soon as I get to talk to Dr. Perez to get it set up. Kathi
                  One Day At A Time
                  Kathi

Comment

Working...
                  X