Hydro caused a long remission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro caused a long remission

Hi everyone. I am writing this just to let everyone know there is hope after all. I've been 95% pain-free since November 2003. Every once in a while I feel a little pain or burning but nothing too serious for the most part. I still never sleep through the whole night without being woken up a lot from the urge to go but it's o.k. because I don't recall ever being able to feel like my bladder was empty at night my whole life anyway. I deal with it like I always have. I am happy to report though that even that has gotten a little better. As for the pain and burning it's such a relief to not have to be constantly sitting up in bed every night for months and months before the hydro. The pain never let me lay down until it would gradually go away later in the night. The pain would cause me to sit and hug my knees during a fun event I was at only to be embarrassed if anyone asked. It really sucked as you all know. We all row the same boat after all! Looking back it's weird because it feels likes it's been ages and I feel I am not that person anymore. I know that it could come back at any time, but I plan on enjoying every pain-free day until it does. I try not to worry about it. But I am cautious of infections (which always produce the flare ups of my life after the infections are gone) and I do get a little anxious when I feel the slightest pain or burn in my bladder. I'm especially scared in the middle of the night when I'm exhausted and hesitantly looking forward to once again hitting the sack (as I used to be forced to stay awake after a midnight trip to the bathroom because of the pain and burn). Anyway, I'm just so happy that I'm not sleeping on the living room chair or even in bed in a sitting up position every night. It feels good to be normal for a while. Who knows- maybe it'll last forever! One can dream, right? Anyone who's read my story knows that I've never "not known" this pain and it is likely to come back at some point in my life anyway. I'm only 26, but it's o.k. I'll always look forward to these little remissions! It's what we have to live for no matter how long they last. Treasure them. Thank God for them. Have fun when they happen. Spend time with loved ones when you're in one. That's what I always do! I am praying for you all. I wish you all the best of luck and I will posting in my free time-as I am doing now.

Love,
    Melissa
    "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it"

Read my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melissa.html

Hi Melis hi

Glad you are doing so well! I hope it stays that way. Keep it up!

Hugs and love,
    Jess
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hi Melissa, thanks for sharing your story with us and hope that you stay in remisson. Please keep us posted.
      Hang in there , There is hope.
      There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

It's great that you are doing so well. I hope it lasts forever too. grouphug

Cali wink
        Cali

Comment

Hi Melissa, glad to read your post and you are doing well. Enjoy every minute, of every day, way to go. Such good news about you, take care and hugs Iris. hi grouphug
          Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

So good to hear, Melissa. And glad to read that you will keep posting to give others that hope. Don't disappear on us!!!! wink
            Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Melissa hi
              I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!
              It gives me a Hope.

Olga

Comment

Congrats on your remission. I'm thankful to say I have them often and my best advice is to enjoy the heck out of it and don't worry about if and when it will come back.

Success

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear from all of you!!!!!!! I won't disappear. Promise. I love this site.

Melissa

Comment

Melisa,
                    thats wonderful, I hope you stay in remission
                    I go see my uro on the 27th i asked him 3 months ago about another hydro but he said no I had just had the interstim 6 months prior, but I am going to bring it up again...
                    Brat
                    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Yeah Melissa!!!! I am so happy for you and hope it lasts a very long time.

Comment

YAY!!!

Erin
                        [email protected]

Comment

THanks everyone!!!!!!!! The dr. said I could get the hydro every 6 months to a year! That's fine with me! As long as I can live like this, I'll do anything, you know. He said that hydro's don't work for every women, but I wish it did because I'd like all of you to go into this remission, too!!!! grouphug Also, I wanted you all to know that I've had other remissions before that lasted a long time without even knowing what a hydro is. So, keep on hoping, o.k. I love you all!!! grouphug

Comment

does ic ever go away

Comment

Unfortunately, Sadgirl1950, it never does totally go away. But the great thing is that most of us do find treatment options that work and we feel good a lot of the time.

Hopefully one day soon there will be a cure for all of us.

Hugs,
                              Donna
                              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                              X