Meds and Remission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meds and Remission

The meds that I am on are Elmiron-100mgs 3x a day, Elavil-25mgs once a day, Atarax-25mgs once a day, Detrol LA-4mgs once a day. Detrol LA I started in May 2003. Elmiron and Elavil I have been on since July 2003. And Atarax since November 2003. I think that it was this combination that really helped me. I was doing well up to November but I knew I could be better. So I asked my doctor to prescribe the Atarax. Within three weeks I noticed a difference. I actually had three days without any symptoms. Then throughout December I noticed that I wasn't having symptoms every day. I seemed to slowly improve. During November and December I started to add back those foods listed under the foods to avoid. I don't eat those foods everyday. But have them every once in a while. Today I had two cups of regular coffee with Prelief. And zero problems. But now I will wait about a week to have any more. I have also started within the last two months meditation and relation exercises to help me deal with any stress that comes my way. I have found that dealing with IC can not only be hard on the body but the mind also. I live by the saying that what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. And because IC is not life threatening, I have found that it has only made me stronger. Of course I know that tomorrow I could wake up and be right back where I was last April. But I am not focusing on that. Instead I am staying positive.

Cali
    Cali

Great! Can I ask, what were / are you main IC symptoms? Pain, Urgency, Frequency, All?

Thanks.

Comment

Cali!!

I am so happy to hear that you have found something that works for you!!

Best wishes you continue to feel this way through 2004!!

Can I ask, what type of meditation exersizes do you do?

I have been trying to find a meditition type thing to help m deal with stress, but I havnt seem to found one that I find helps or that I benefit from. Meditation is truely a difficult thing to do! I would love to hear how you got into it.

Thanks for the post! And Happy New Year!
      Rachel
      @[email protected]
      "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

Congrats, keep up the good work!!

Success

Comment

I am so excited you are having some success and relief! That is so awesome!

hi Kristen

Comment

Cool, Cali!!!!!!!!! Those are the meds I am on, too. I take Detrol LA and Lexapro, also - but the other 3 are the same. Glad you are feeling wel!!!!!
            Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

That is great that you are in remisson. I remeber those years and days they were good. I am lucky if I get a day remisson or a week remisson now. I am so happy for you. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. I know there is hope out there. Maybe there will be a cure for it someday. Gentle hugs and healing thoughts to you.
              Hang in there , There is hope.
              There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

hi Cali

Thank you for sharing your Great News! That's wonderful and encouraging! Gives us all something to look forword to. Soooo happy for you! grouphug

????? for anyone who has gone into remission. When you go into remission can you stop taking the meds? And, when in remission can you have sex without pain or does it still hurt?

Thanks for your replies.

Tilly
                Tilly

Comment

Working...
                X