I feel oh so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel oh so good!

I think I can finally say that I am in remission. Last night I had a glass of wine with dinner. And zero problems. I had forgotten just how good that was. I have had bananas, onions, tomatoes, caffeine, chocolate, peppercinis and pickles all with no problems. Of course I didn't eat all of that in one sitting but over the course of the last two months. I do limit how much of that I eat. I don't want to irritate my bladder again. Every once in a while I will partake in a uh oh eek food. Life is good again! I feel so much better. I feel sexy again. I can honestly say I am enjoying my life again. I had to stop my classes. I was working towards a degree. Now I will start them again. YAY!!! Of course I still take my meds every day. I don't miss a dose. And I know that my remission may not last that long so I am savoring every minute of it. I do hope this lasts.

Cali
    Cali

Cali,

That's great news!!! Congrats! What a great way to end the year, huh?!

Here's to more pain free days and a long remission!!!

Hugs and health!
    Jess grouphug
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Wow! Good news, can you tell us... what meds are you on and for how long? Elmiron?
      thanks.

Comment

Oppps just found your other post that you are on Elmiron, Elavil and some others. Great! Glad to hear the good news.

Comment

Wonderful! Have a very happy new year! Best wishes, little bear

Comment

Yay!!!!! So glad to hear this. Make sure to stick around and share your hopeful story, OK?
            Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

What a great way to start the new year. Like Kim said, please stick around and give some hope to those who need it. Congrats girl!!

Success

Comment

what wonderful news i'm always happy to here that someone has went into remission that always gives others hope. i had two glasses of wine last night for news years and didn't have no bladder problems i was scared but i did it anyway. we was at a new years party they had very lovely fireworks. even tho. I had two teeth pulled yesterday I still had as much fun as i could we all sit around a bombfire listen to music shot fireworks. as the other dranked I didn't but did have two glasses of wine at midnight.
                wink
                Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. I have also posted under the I'm in Remission board the meds I am on (Meds and Remission). Some of you had wanted to know. I promise that I will still post on these boards. I know how important that is. After all, it was everyone on these boards that helped lift me up when I couldn't stand on my own because I was heart broken and scared of having IC. Thank you!! grouphug kissing

Cali
                  Cali

Comment

Congratulations Cali, what a great way to welcome in the new year. Enjoy every minute and everything you can eat now, so glad you posted. Congrats and a big hug Iris hi grouphug
                    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Congrats Cali. I am so happy for you. Please keep us posted.

Rhonda- I sent you a pm and hope you feel better soon.

Hugs to everyone. grouphug grouphug
                      Hang in there , There is hope.
                      There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Congratualtions Cali!!!!!!! I hope things stay that way. Thank you for your inspiration of hope.
                        Faith, Hope, and Love,
                        Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
                        Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Cali,
                          It's so good for people to hear about someone's great days! It helps to hear the good more than the bad. (Just the territory w/this disease.) I hope it stays that way for you for a long, long time!
                          Hugs! grouphug
                          Tons of support,
                          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

God Bless ya Cali!!! May you have many years ahead of feeling "oh so good!!!" jester grouphug
                            Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Comment

wwooohhhhooo congrats what a great way to start a new year
                              Brat
                              'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
                              X