X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm BAAAACK

I guys....

I know, its been a very long time since I posted & much less loged on
    to this site, but Its been allmost 5 years now since I went into a full remission.
    I just wanted to stop by and say hi to some very dear friends here
    plus let everyone know that I am still doing awsome , have no proplems
    whatsoever and stoped all meds about 2 years ago:woohoo:

My doctors are all wondering what could have triggerd this sudden
    and complete remission, but there is hope for everyone.
    I love you guys, hang in there and stay strong:
    I'll promise to stop by more often
    I promise not to laugh... if you promise not to cry

---------------------------------
    Christine .....The GERMAN GIRL ( who can't spell )

Hooray! I'm happy for you & hopeful for us all. Thanks for posting
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Yay! Thanks for coming back to let us know how well you've continued to do.
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

It's good to see you, again. Thank for posting and letting us know how good you are doing.
        Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Wow! Now that's the kind of story I like to hear!! I'm so happy for you!
          hugs,
          Janie

Comment

I'm very glad you are doing so well.

Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

just wondering

That is such fantastic news. What meds were you taking and how long did it take you once diagnosed to become symptom free? Was it a gradual improvement or an automatic remission? You are soooooo blessed!!!!

Dawn

Comment

I remember you.........

Hi

Good to hear from you. Glad your doing well.
                SueC
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dmarie View Post
                  That is such fantastic news. What meds were you taking and how long did it take you once diagnosed to become symptom free? Was it a gradual improvement or an automatic remission? You are soooooo blessed!!!!

Dawn
                  I was on elmiron 3x times daily....
                  prelief 5 pills before any meal...
                  pyridiun plus
                  ditropan xl
                  hydroxacine (sp)
                  xanax
                  zoloft

I went into remission allmost a year to the day of my "official" diagnosis .
                  2002 start of symptoms 2003 full rmission after hydrosistention
                  I promise not to laugh... if you promise not to cry

---------------------------------
                  Christine .....The GERMAN GIRL ( who can't spell )

Comment

I never knew you, but I was so happy to read your post. I wish you would post more often; sometimes I worry that newbies come to the site, read all the posts from people who aren't doing well, and get very discouraged. It would be great if you could help balance that out!

Carolyn (The French Girl -- who CAN spell -- usually -- LOL )
                    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

hey there was wondering where you went. I am so glad you are syill doing so well. My mom went into remission like you. I think it is wonderful. I am still on the waiting list.
                      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

HI Christine, I didn't know you but I was so glad to hear such a success story! It gives me hope that remission is right around the corner...
                        Thanks for sharing and hope you come back soon!
                        Rachel
                        DX's:
                        IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
                        three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
                        Currently using:
                        Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
                        Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
                        I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Welcome back, and what great news!! There is hope!!! I hope some of that remission comes our way.

Comment

Working...
                          X