Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• journalibra
    replied
    Thank you all who have responded... this helps. It also helps to have something to look forward to. I have been on the IC roller coaster for about a year now and only diagnosed since January '07. Some days it doesn't even seem possible that remission is in sight. Especially since I wasn't exactly sure what people were calling remission. So thank you!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I had a remission where it lasted for 5 years! The only thing that I took was my medication which was Elmiron, nothing else!. I was able to eat and drink what I wanted, didn't have any pain, freqency, etc. Then I had my hyster. in 2000 and BANG!! there it went, and since then I had "tiny remissions" I somewhat have to watch what I eat , (I'm not as diet sensitive as a lot of people are). I'm still on Elmiron of course; vesicare;plus Effexor. Pain meds. I have a hydro when needed, usually every 6-8 months or so. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied
    I have had remission where I had no symptoms and ate and drank almost everything I wanted. I limited the bad food items. I had a 9 month remission and a 2 months remission. Then I have flares and some days with mild symptoms that I can ignore. I love the days when I forget I have IC and feel like a normal 26 year old with normal problems.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    To me a remission is when my sypmtoms are low to none and I can be much more flexible with my diet. I was in remission for much of the past two to three years and it was wonderful! I almost forgot I had ic sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    To me remission was being able to have days at a time where I could "forget" I had IC. I was able to go about 4mos with very few flares-or even days when I had any symptoms at all. I was able to eat more "bad" foods too. Awe....can't wait to see that again!!!!

Leave a comment:

• journalibra
    started a topic What exactly is remission?

What exactly is remission?

I am still very new to this whole IC life. I was just wondering what it means to be in remission. Is remission IC symptom free? Is remission the space between horrible IC flare-ups with some IC symptoms?
Working...
X