• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    jungle
    ICN Member

• jungle
    replied
    Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news!!! I hope your remission is here to stay. Perhaps with the diet change and supplement it will. Hooray!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    ICN Member

• earthlady
    replied
    I was taking Benadryl daily and about 5mg of Surmontyl at night. I added vaginal estriol cream and also Quercitin 2x a day. I eliminated all coffee, red wine, and black tea. I also did my pelvic stretches daily. I noticed a big difference when I added the Quercitin so I don't think I will stop this for now but haven't needed the other two meds at all. I only get up once at night now to visit the bathroom. It still puzzles me how this condition can cause so much pain and then completely disappear. How can something that painful just 'go away?' I guess I will just celebrate the current no pain days and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    ICN Member

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo happy for you!! What meds were you on!?
    I think it depends on the person, I know many have had really long remissions and some have periodic remissions that come and go but are not for that long...I would say celebrate everyday you feel good

Good luck!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    ICN Member

• earthlady
    started a topic Remission????

Remission????

I was curious as to what is considered an actual remission? Is it considered to be a certain amount of time with absence of symptoms? My symptoms which included pain, burning, and irritation have completely disappeared and I've stopped any meds I was taking except the Quercitin and I am still asymptomatic. I know IC/PBS symptoms can come and go, but is there a length of time of being without symptoms that you can start to celebrate, or does it all vary from person to person?
Working...
X